After a day of exploring America’s Walking City, what could feel better than submerging sore feet and aching muscles below the warm pummeling jets of a sparkling hot tub back at the hotel? Indulge in a mini spa retreat without leaving the bright lights of the city at one of these hotels in Boston, where the jacuzzis are among many tempting distractions that’ll revive and refresh you.
Overlooking the Boston Public Garden and prim rows of Victorian brownstones, this five-star hotel is on the doorstep of some of the city’s quintessential experiences. When you’ve tried the celebrated Swan Boats on the pond of the Public Garden and shopped the chi-chi Newbury Street boutiques, take in the city lights from the hotel’s generously sized indoor jacuzzi. Afterward, think about a personalized massage from one of the Four Seasons’ certified spa therapists, who specialize in stress-melting deep-tissue, shiatsu and hot-stone massages.
The jacuzzi at the Four Seasons Hotel One Dalton Street is a joy to wallow in after a busy day, but it’s just one way to unwind here. The landmark 61-story hotel has an entire “wellness floor” – a one-stop rejuvenation center complete with a 64ft lap pool, gym and spa, where you can partake in activities such as mindfulness meditation and cryotherapy. For a more intimate relaxation experience, submerge up to your chin in your room’s free-standing, sculptured-stone bathtubs.
While you ease tension amid the jacuzzi bubbles at this fine institution, you can watch the sailboats dock at Tudor Wharf, which juts out into the harbor near the USS Constitution. This all-suite hotel stands at the crossroads of Charlestown and the North End, two of Boston’s oldest and proudest neighborhoods. Once you’ve had your fill of the jacuzzi, grab a pint at Paul Revere’s favorite bar, the Warren Tavern, in Charlestown. Alternatively, cross the bridge to the Italian North End and decide who has the better pizza – Regina Pizzeria or Galleria Umberto.
The Westin Boston Waterfront strikes a balance between rustic and futuristic; for example, you’ll find birch trees growing in the steel-and-glass atrium lobby. Catch rays year-round beneath the vaulted skylight of the pool area, which features an eye-catching purple-lit whirlpool jacuzzi. After being refreshed and pummeled, you’re a short stroll from the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) and the Harpoon Brewery and Beer Hall, hailed for its UFO microbrews and chewy, salty pretzels.
From the Boston Marriott Copley Place, you can practically get around the city without touching the ground – a luxury in the cold New England climate. The hotel connects directly to the Copley Place Mall and the Prudential Center via a pedestrian skybridge spanning Huntington Avenue. When you’re finished shopping, relax in the hotel’s circular jacuzzi and look up at the city lights or perhaps flurries of snowflakes falling softly on the overhead skylight.
For more options, discover our guide to the best spa hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, and book now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.