They claim to have invented the taco al pastor (along with a few other restaurants in town) and they still roast their meat on a spit with charcoal, a novelty in spit-fired tacos in Condesa. Slightly sweet and tangy, you will love the tacos al pastor, but make sure to get some grilled green onions to go on top as well. They also have soups, alambres and several different kinds of quesadillas.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Tacos El Greco
Quite possibly the best tacos arabes in the city, this particular type of taco was made famous in the nearby city of Puebla and that’s where the owners of El Greco came from over 30 years ago. tacos arabes are made of pork and grilled on a spit with a flavor that is reminiscent to shawarma but in a whole other league. Don’t pass up the black beans or their delicious (and fiery) salsas.
Another great spot for tacos de guisado, tacos Gus is a daytime joint that will fill your belly with just a few tacos. Walking into the restaurant, you’ll be overwhelmed by the choices, all decoratively set out in ceramic bowls, with a couple grill masters behind the counter heating things up. Try the quelites, chicken tinga or grilled mushrooms.
A classic grilled tacos joint, El Farolito has tacos de carnitas (deep-fried pork tacos) in all their variations and mixtures. Get the surtido if you want to look like a local, which includes a little bit of everything on the pork. They also have bistec, cecina (a thin, salted pork), cochinita pibil (suckling pig in a citrus sauce), chicken and more. Make sure to try a plate of prepared onions and avocado for the full experience.
Chicharrón de queso, alambres, tacos, burritos, soups and more, El Huequito has it all and has been a long-time tradition in the neighborhood. They are a full-service restaurant, as opposed to just a simple taco stand, and have several locations throughout the city. Their outdoor seating is great for people-watching.
Por Siempre Vegana Taquería
For anyone who thinks vegan Mexican tacos couldn’t possibly be as good as the real thing, we dare you to try Por Siempre Vegana. Besides having killer wheat and soy versions of suadero, pastor and chorizo, their salsas are inventive and fresh, the daily agua frescas are always refreshing, and the vegan desserts make a perfect ending to a taco-stand experience.
An institution when it comes to tacos de guisado (stew-like fillings in a double tortilla), El Jarocho has been making people happy for almost 30 years. The have about every kind of filling you could imagine, but their specialty is milanesa (a breaded steak) with spicy pasilla sauce. Try it with cheese for an extra treat. Lunchtime is when they’re busiest and when you’ll find the most options available.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.