You could spend years in Mexico’s cosmopolitan capital and not run out of things to do. The global hub heaves with history – where else do Aztec ruins nestle next to contemporary art galleries? – its parks pulse with life and every corner sparkles with culture. And don’t forget the food, shopping and street art. Check into one of these stylish vacation rentals to start making memories in mind-boggling Mexico City.
Homely conveniences and hotel-like amenities make this boutique vacation apartment in Mexico City comfortable yet luxurious. In-suite minibars are convenient for mixing evening cocktails, perfect for sipping on the rooftop terrace. Share park views with your friends in the three-bedroom units or savor city views with your pooch in the pet-friendly studio suite. The fitness center on-site is convenient, but there’s no substitute for a brisk walk in nearby Mexico Park or a long stroll down the grand avenue of Paseo de la Reforma.
Explore the heart of Mexico City from your vacation rental in the Reforma neighborhood. This suite feels like home: a small kitchen, laundry facilities, a fitness center and dining area cater to all of your daily needs. Concierge services, as well as luggage storage for overpackers, are great bonus perks. A 10-minute walk will take you to Chapultepec Park; a stroll in the opposite direction will send you to the city’s historic center where tacos al pastor (tasoc with spit-cooked pork) and tlayudas (corn tortillas covered with refried beans and other toppings) are aplenty.
The city views from these two bedroom vacation rental apartments, in the trendy La Condesa neighborhood, put Mexico City at your fingertips. Full kitchens, an outdoor swimming pool and fitness facilities provide a preview of what living in Mexico City is like. Wake up with the city every morning with fresh coffee on the balcony. Plan a day outdoors and marvel at the Castillo de Chapultepec in its namesake park. Museums, the zoo, botanical gardens and more also call this massive greenspace home.
Fall in love with Mexico City’s hip La Condesa neighborhood in this two-bedroom vacation rental. From the kitchen to the bathroom, trendy decor dresses each room in style. This apartment has enough extra square footage to keep you and three others comfortable yet cozy. Step outside and explore the tree-lined streets that are lined with art deco buildings and mansions. You’re never more than a few minutes away from buzzing cafes, booming clubs and cosmopolitan bars that’ll keep you entertained all day.
This downtown vacation rental in Mexico city’s historic center has a king-size bed, two single sofa beds, a fully equipped kitchen and a light-filled living area with cushioned window seats so that you can look out onto the leafy Alameda Central park and its ornate fountains. The building also has a gym, though you can get your steps in by strolling the city’s monument-dotted main artery, Paseo de la Reforma, just a block away.
Touches such as a pink upholstered headboard, coffee-table tomes and brass sconces imbue this Polanco one-bedroom pad for two with plenty of character. There’s a sleek glass desk for catching up on emails, though you’ll struggle not to get distracted by the views from the floor-to-ceiling windows or the Netflix-ready TV. The Soumaya Museum, home to Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim’s incredible art collection – Picassos, Renoirs, Van Goghs and many more – is only a few steps away.
Once owned by a talented local photographer, this artfully arranged two-bedroom vacation rental in Mexico City’s upscale Roma district is sure to bring out the budding artist in you and your travel companions. The building itself is beautiful – the blue colonial edifice hides a peaceful inner courtyard. And, if you’re inspired by your home-away-from-home’s vintage treasures, you can hunt for your own in the exclusive boutiques or seek inspiration from the street art in this hipster enclave – but hurry home for sunset cocktails on your private rooftop garden.
The tree-lined streets of the highly sought-after Hipodromo neighborhood in Condesa are home to new-wave vegan cafes, coffee shops and concept stores. Explore them all from this studio vacation rental in Mexico City that’s kitted out with a bar cart, kitchenette and cozy living room. Best of all is the bright rooftop terrace that boasts a colorful mural, barbecue and table for two under the stars.
Gather your three best travel buddies – this loft-style apartment in party-ready Roma has two bedrooms, each with an ensuite and a tropical, furnished terrace (one even has a macramé hammock for afternoon naps). Inside, the walls feature bold textiles, statement mirrors and framed photographs – and there’s a dining table with plenty of elbow room. After bouncing from taqueria (taco restaurant) to cerveceria (brewery) to mezcaleria (agave liquor house) retreat to your air-conditioned sanctuary, crawl into your soft double bed and sleep it off.
Nick Dauk contributed additional reporting to this article.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.