Opulent mansions and upscale B&Bs roll out the red carpet for comfort-craving guests in Mexico City. From personal butlers to top-of-the-line spas and contact-rich concierges, these blow-the-budget luxury hotels in Mexico City – all bookable with Culture Trip – don’t hold back on style in the Mexican capital.
Enveloped in a frosted-glass facade on the trendiest street in affluent Polanco, Mexico City’s first luxury design hotel is instantly distinguishable from its neighbors with its geometric ice-cube finish. Hotel Habita’s smooth glass architecture and cooling white design flow all through the hotel, all the way up to its rooftop pool, sauna and spa, where you can unwind with a Diamond Crystal Massage. At night, the top-floor terrace transforms into a swanky lounge lit by fireplaces where guests can sip mezcal overlooking the neighborhood below.
This 17th-century palace stands in the Unesco-listed Centro Histórico. Guests enter through studded wooden doors, where this Mexico City luxury boutique hotel’s high-vaulted brick ceiling draws the eye and hand-made, terracotta-tiled floors pave the way to the rooms. Walls are cast from red volcanic rock, murals line the halls and a central courtyard forms the hub of the hotel, dotted with shaded seating and stand-out crimson couches. The rooftop pool and bar crown it all, with views of colonial-era buildings and characterful churches.
If the walls of the Brick Hotel could talk, they’d be teeming with stories of Mexico City’s rich and infamous. The 20th-century, Belle Époque mansion was once home to the Mexican president, before becoming, ahem, a brothel and later a locksmith shop. Wrought-iron doors and original-tiled floors speak to the building’s history, while Edison bulbs shine a light on this luxury hotel’s contemporary edge. Stay in one of the suites for a door-to-door luxury service from the moment your chauffeur picks you up at the airport to the claw-foot tubs, leafy balconies and walls adorned by work from Mexican artists. After dark, dine in one of two in-house restaurants before sneaking down to the basement speakeasy.
The clue’s in the name at Las Suites whose spacious suites, come with kitchens, bedrooms and terraces. The top-tier roof terrace at this luxury Mexico City hotel is a trophy, too, with its sculptural pool and sightline to some of Polanco and Chapultepec’s sky-high buildings. Dine on tiraditos (raw fish) at the Japanese sushi bar or treat yourself to a facial at the garden-side spa.
The jungle-like courtyard is the centerpiece of this Four Seasons five-star Mexico City hotel, transporting guests from the city center to serene oasis in seconds. Book a boozy brunch at courtyard restaurant Zanaya on Sundays, when unlimited glasses of Moët & Chandon are the order of the day. Elsewhere, Italian restaurant il Becco serves up white-linen sophistication while Pan Dulce bakery deals in quick bites. Gentleman can team a craft cocktail from iconic bar Fifty Mils with a proper shave at the in-house barbershop.
Looking for somewhere different to rest? Book into one of the best boutique hotels in Mexico City, or opt instead for one of these top hotels that you’ll be talking about forever. For more options, discover our guide on the best hotels in the country. Mexico’s capital is full of things to do, so don’t miss out on its must-visit attractions, including its unique landmarks. And you can’t afford to miss the best restaurants in the historical center, either.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.