Save up to $316 on all guaranteed Oct-Dec departures.
About your trip
Let our Local Insider show you the authentic side to Mexico’s colourful, cosmopolitan capital on this thrilling five-day trip. Drop your bags at the hotel before hitting the streets, sampling Mexican hot chocolate and sitting down for an authentic group dinner at locals’ favourite Salon Corona. You’ll also tour the mysterious pyramids at Teotihuacán, drift through the floating gardens of Xochimilco and hit up some of Mexico City’s best markets. All of our trips are flightless in destination, with 100% of all carbon emissions offset. It's just part of how we see the world while being good to it.
- Explore Mexico City’s iconic museums and sights
- Head north to take in the Aztec pyramids of Teotihuacán
- Watch a lucha libre wrestling match
- Shop and snack in bustling markets
- Get into the local spirit with a pulque tasting
- Take in the fabulous floating gardens of Xochimilco
Our first day in Mexico City is low-key – you’ll want to save your energy for the busy schedule ahead. After touching down at the airport, you’ll be transferred directly to your hotel to drop your bags before hitting the city streets for a walk with our Local Insider. We know you’ll be travel-weary, so an authentic Mexican hot chocolate from the famed Cafe de Tacuba should hopefully pick you up – before we sit down for dinner at locals' favourite Salon Corona. After getting to know the rest of the group, it’s back to the hotel for some well-earned down time.
After a hotel breakfast, lace up your walking shoes as today we’ll be clocking up some miles (as well as plenty of amazing views). We’ll kick things off with a visit to the Museo Nacional de Historia, housed in the hilltop Castillo de Chapultepec with panoramic views across the city. Next, we’ll head over to the fascinating Monumento a la Revolución, part-monument, part-museum. We reckon by now you’ll be a bit peckish, so a stroll through the Mercado de San Juan should hit the spot – this huge indoor market is the go-to for local and specialty Mexican produce and hot food. After a taco or two, you’ll be ready for the giddy heights of the Torre Latinoamericana. The views from the top are spectacular.
An hour north of Mexico City is the sprawling pre-Columbian city of Teotihuacán, one of Mexico’s most significant archeological sites. Strolling down the central Avenue of the Dead, the width of a highway, the scale of the site knocks you off your feet – and that’s before you’ve reached the base of the towering Pyramid of the Sun.. The on-site museum is just as spectacular in a different way, stuffed with jewellery, art and the remains of human sacrifices uncovered on site. We’ll end the day as the Aztecs themselves may well have done – with a shot of pulque, an ancient liquor made from the fermented sap of the maguey plant. Salud!
You’ll be up early this morning – but we promise it’s worth it! We’re heading to the south-city margins to explore the Aztec-built canals of Xochimilco by kayak, as the sun rises over the verdant floating gardens. After some free time (and a nap, if you need it!), we’ll head to Mercado de Artesanías la Ciudadela to browse Mexican handicrafts and folk art – ideal for picking up a souvenir or two. We’ll also pop into the famed Pasteleria Ideal, so you can sample Mexico City’s favourite sweet pastries. But wait – that’s not all! The day (and this trip) concludes in fitting fashion, quite literally, with tickets to a lucha libre wrestling match. The masks, capes and glittery spandex are all part of the fun!
After a final hotel breakfast, make your way to the airport for your flight home – or onwards, to further adventures!
- Four nights accommodation
- Four breakfasts
- One dinner
- City walk with a Local Insider
- Visit to Museo Nacional de Historia
- Visit to Monumento a la Revolución
- Visit to Mercado de San Juan
- Entry to Torre Latinoamericana
- Visit to Teotihuacán
- Pulque tasting at a pulquería
- Sunrise kayak tour of Xochimilco
- Visit to Mercado de la Artesanías Ciudadela
- Visit to Pastelería Ideal
- Tickets to a lucha libre show
- Arrival group transfer from Mexico City Airport (MEX)
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Flights to and from the destination
NH Collection Centro Historico
Location-wise, it doesn’t get better than this – the NH Centro Historico is bang in the centre of everything, steps from the 'Zocalo’ square, Metropolitan Cathedral, City Museum and archaeological zone. Rooms are modern, comfortable and clean and you'll find an on-site gym, an alfresco terrace and sumptuous breakfast buffet.
Your safety and wellbeing are our top priority, so we’ve put the following measures in place on all our TRIPS:
- Please check the entry requirements for the destination you are travelling to. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- We recommend you confirm all guidance on official government sites and check that you are able to travel with your travel insurance issuer. Your travel insurance may be invalidated if you travel against government advice. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- You must be aged 25 years or over to join this trip.
- Please be sure to check whether or not you need a visa to enter the country you're travelling to. Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions for further information.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or accessibility requirements, please notify our Customer Support team as soon as possible.
- We won't charge you extra if you travel alone – you'll be allocated a twin room with another traveller of the same gender.
- To upgrade to a private room, share a room with a friend, or book pre- and post-trip accommodation and/or airport transfers, please contact our Customer Support team.
- Please be aware that travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers.
- Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. While unlikely, these changes can happen due to circumstances beyond our control. We will always do our best to ensure minimal impact on your experience.
- Please be aware images on this page are for illustrative purposes and may not reflect your itinerary exactly.
If you cancel 56 days or more before your scheduled departure date, you will receive a 100% refund. Otherwise, the total cost of your trip is:
- 100% payable if you cancel 29 days or less before your departure date.
- 50% payable if you cancel between 30 - 55 days before your departure date.
Please note you can only book this trip in advance up to 14 days before the departure date. After this time the trip may be booked on request.
Terms & Conditions
Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions.