Your Safety Is Important To Us
To limit the spread of coronavirus, attractions may be closed or have partial closures. Please consult government travel advisories before booking. You can find more information here.
Overview6 hoursMobile & paper tickets accepted
This group adventure is the perfect way to sample canoe tripping, without camping overnight. There is challenging paddling (8-16km), tranquil drifting, portaging (600m), hiking (1.5km), cliff jumping (if you want), swimming, a scenic lookout, historic landmarks, wild edibles (in season), spectacular landscapes and wildlife observation (usually birds, butterflies, turtles & small mammals; periodic moose & larger mammals).
Our canoes are all custom made 4 seaters, convenient for families and making new friends. These. lightweight kevlar boats are easy to carry (solo or tandem) over the short portage.
Lunch is a fabulous sandwich from Henrietta's Pine Bakery. We also serve a granola bar snack. Participants must bring at least 2 litres of water per person.
Our naturalist guides have only the highest levels of training and certification. They ensure a safe, educational and intimate connection to Algonquin Park. And, they take the photos we give you for free.
Age 6+ is ok. No smoking.
- Naturalist guide (canoe instruction, safety & nature interpretation)
- Canoe (shared 4 seaters), Paddle and life jacket
- Lunch (sandwich from Henrietta's Pine Bakery, granola bar)
- Short hike to scenic lookout
- Cliff jumping (if you like) & swimming
- Wild edible samples (in season)
- Wildlife observation (usually birds, turtles & squirrels; periodic moose & other mammals)
- High quality tour photos
- Algonquin Park vehicle permit
- Optional tip
- Entry/Admission - Algonquin Provincial Park
What to expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tom Thomson Memorial, Canoe Lake, Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario Canada
We paddle by this location. The totem memorial can be seen from a distance.
Stop At: Canoe Lake Access Point, Highway 60 At Km 14.1, Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario Canada
We explore the natural and human history of Canoe Lake. We paddle into secluded tranquil corners to connect with nature, see awesome reflections and look for wildlife.
Duration: 4 hours
Where To Go
Canoe Lake Access Point Office, Highway 60 at km 14.1 north, Unorganized South Nipissing District, ON K0J 2M0, Canada
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
More Experiences In Ontario
Cultural & Theme Tours
Private Winery Tour of Niagara-on-the-Lake
From $236.25 · 1 day
Boldt Castle and Thousand Islands Helicopter Tour
From $147.90 · 20 minutes
Cultural & Theme Tours
Private Scenic Photography Tour Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake
From $294.83 · 7 hours
Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
90-Minute 1000 Islands Sightseeing Cruise
From $21.14 · 1 hour 30 minutes