With Ramallah’s wealth of culture, tourists will find themselves thoroughly exhausted by the end of their sightseeing. When you’re hungry, thirsty, and needing your caffeine fix, check out one of these top cafes in Ramallah.
The Castana Café is the ideal place to sit and chill in Ramallah. Along with their luscious coffees, they also serve some delicious pizzas, burgers and pasta. Their fettuccini is especially good, and comes highly recommended. The presentation of their food is very impressive and will leave your mouth watering. To top off the appeal of this cafe, their decor is authentically Palestinian. The white cobblestone walls make for an attractive setting.
Ramallah Tahta next to Islamic Club, Ramallah, West Bank, +970 2 2971114
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
For the Pesto Café, high standards are the name of the game. They live up to their local reputation of having incredible service, premium food, and a welcoming atmosphere. The cafe is open, modern, and very bright inside, with vast windows letting in natural sunlight from outside. Their decor is very compelling in its simplicity. It emphasizes the natural light with white furniture and a black-and-white tiled floor. If you are looking for a modern place to sit and eat, you will be more than happy with Pesto Café.
Al Masyoun, Michelangelo Street, Ramallah, West Bank, +970 2 297 0705
The Zamn Café prides itself on its plethora of aromas. Upon entering the cafe you will be struck by the scent of coffee being freshly brewed. Their premium coffee beans make for a spectacular taste that you aren’t likely to forget. Combine this addictive scent with the aroma of freshly baked goods and you will find yourself wandering in off of the streets without any intention of doing so. The smell lives up to the taste, which finishes off the brilliant experience you will have at the Zamn Café. Their sandwiches and salads are particularly good.
Al-Tireh Store – Next to Sariyt Ramallah / Al Masyoun Store, Ramallah, West Bank, +970 1800 800 900
La Vie Café
La Vie Café specializes in vegetarian cuisine and has created quite an impressive menu of delectable vegetarian meals. The quality of their espresso is especially brilliant, but they also enjoy providing top-quality cakes, pies, burgers and fresh juices. La Vie Café thinks of itself almost as a farm-cafe; they feature a rooftop organic garden where they grow almost all of their produce and harvest their own honey. Their garden is open in the summer and is the ideal place to sit and relax in the sun. To top it off, they are in the process of building an indoor pool. With almost everything they cook coming from their organic and beautiful garden, it is no wonder that this cafe is so popular.
Between the Orthodoxy Club and Dwar Sa3a, Ramallah, West Bank, +970 (2) 296 4115
Syraan Restaurant & Café
This well-decorated restaurant and cafe will leave you feeling well-served and fully satisfied. Pair their drinks with their tasty meals, and you will leave with a date set to return for seconds. Their lasagna comes highly recommended; it’s full of flavor, juicy, and piping hot. But rest assured that all of their food is equally memorable. Their decor is modern and classy, and provides its customers with a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.
Dunia Building Floor no. 7, Ramallah, West Bank, + 970 2 298 8711
TCHE TCHE Café
This cafe is especially popular with Amman’s young professionals looking to get their caffeine fix. The products are made with the highest quality ingredients, which means they produce some of the best flavors in town. Their menu is extensive and perfectly designed, meaning there is something for everyone on this menu. If you are looking to taste the Palestinian experience, try their range of manaessh, the Middle Eastern pizza full of flavor. Or, if you’re in the mood for something sweet, their waffles are truly addictive.
Caesar Hotel, Nablus, Rafidia, Ramallah, West Bank, +970 2 296 4201
Sindyan Restaurant & Café
Sindyan is a sharply decorated cafe for those who like to eat and drink in style. The reflective black surfaces of the bar are sleek, and the seating is plush and comfortable. They serve their colorful and tasty food in creatively shaped dishes, which adds to their appealing presentation. When you visit, trying their crepes is an absolute must. They are tender, sweet, and sprinkled with crushed nuts and chocolate. These crepes go wonderfully with their creamy drinks. For locals in Ramallah, this cafe is a regular for them, and it isn’t difficult to understand why. Enjoy their full flavors, they fresh ingredients, and their imaginative menu.
Clock Tower, 8th Floor Tower Building, Ramallah, West Bank, +970 2 2989575
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.