One of Tel Aviv’s most innovative chef restaurants, Oasis delivers an international and flavorsome experience that is sure to dazzle even the most jaded of diners, with a menu that changes according to the availability of rare international ingredients, diners are in for a first-class culinary experience. The quality of the food is matched only by the restaurant’s dynamic atmosphere, infused with the energy of its charismatic chef, Rima Olvera. We present the top three reasons why an evening at Oasis is a not-to-be-missed event.
Perhaps the one thing more colorful than Oasis’ food is its chef, Olvera. Chef Rima Olvera’s 30 years of experience in the world’s best kitchens and her cooking philosophy set her and Oasis apart from the pack. A native Californian who now calls Tel Aviv home, Olvera brings her international experience and perspective to every dish she and her impeccable team create. A true original and foodie pioneer, Rima consciously ignores food trends and industry standards, carefully thinking about the structure and philosophy of each dish on her own. Rather than re-creating classic dishes, Rima likes to provide her diners with the opportunity to experiment with a strategically combined symphony of unique flavors from around the world.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Olvera has truly dedicated herself to her craft. Don’t expect to see Olvera casually wandering in and out of the restaurant, rarely to be seen. She is the backbone of the operation, and puts in countless hours in Oasis’s kitchen. As she puts it, ‘I am a chef, and I work in my service.’ Bypassing foodie trends and hype, she cooks according to an international standard on which she refuses to compromise. Olvera’s passion, dedication and tireless vision permeate each and every dish.
Wonder what Olvera does when she isn’t in the kitchen preparing delicious and inventive dishes at Oasis? She loves spending her free time eating and drinking with her husband at some of the city’s premier restaurants, including Milk Bakery in Yafo, Il Pastio, Hotel Montefiore, Brule for wine or Yakimono for Japanese delicacies. Her favorite cities include Istanbul, Bangkok, Rome, Hong Kong and Mexico City.
Oasis is a seasonal restaurant in the purest sense of the word. Every ingredient is only used at its naturally optimal time. As such, the menu changes constantly based on the choicest seasonal ingredients, including those that are hand-picked from some of the world’s most exotic locations, or from Rima’s own rooftop garden in Tel Aviv. Be prepared to experience an intelligent, seasonal and structured pairing, which has been painstakingly envisioned and constructed. As Olvera put it, ‘Oasis is for someone who wants to be surprised.’
Olvera’s dishes are thoughtfully curated based on a deep understanding of the ingredients, the culture behind each location and flavor optimization. This is not ‘fusion,’ but rather, creations which represent deep respect towards the source and philosophy that is behind each dish. Rima collects goodies from all over the world from her own travels, and from friends, family and adoring diners who stuff exotic treats into their luggage for the staff at Oasis to experiment with and create. To match the international background of its ingredients, main dishes are labeled according to the airport from which their foundations arrived.
But don’t expect those Italian porcinis to stay on the menu for too long. Exotic and delicious as they may be, seasonal delicacies can sometimes only be found in the kitchen for one day. Change really is the only constant here.
An unassuming exterior takes you into an equally cool, minimalistic yet highly refined interior of Oasis. The restaurant’s modern and spacious design provides the perfect backdrop to the open kitchen, buzzing with energy that seems to literally flow onto the diners’ plates. Diners can watch Olvera in action, providing a sense of involvement in the process of food creation.
Everything about the decor radiates innovation and beauty, from the bees’ nest style walls to the handmade wine-bottle collection chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Textures, lighting and fragrances blend together in perfect harmony. Take a peak into the secret garden around back and the origins of the restaurant’s namesake become clear, as the patio is a true urban oasis. The garden features a hydroponic vertical garden wall, a water feature and one of Tel Aviv’s oldest olive trees.
Appetizer: Fake Porcinis – These perfectly cooked mushrooms with porcini essence, salt and Italian parmesan will melt in your mouth.
Main course: Red wine flour pappardelle – Combine perfectly cooked pasta, flavorful and fresh radicchio and explosively delicious gorgonzola and you are sure to take part in a truly unforgettable flavor experience.
Dessert: ‘Rima’s Kiss’ – Fresh passion fruit tiramisu with mascarpone and ladyfingers in Jamaican rum and vanilla syrup.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.