Tel Aviv is an open gallery of street art. The walls come to life and speak to passers by. Graffiti invites us to play and interact with the architecture of this powerful city.
The street becomes an open space without any laws, the walls become an open canvas, and the mind is open to create and be inspired by the urban architecture. Street artists have the freedom to express themselves in limitless ways, and city dwellers get a free ticket to be immersed in this open galaxy of visual communication. Allow yourself plenty of time to walk around and to enjoy the landscape, energy, and colors of the graffiti. Discover Tel Aviv’s top graffiti artists, and take a colourful tour of the city here.
Maya Gelfman is a visual artist and a graduate of Shenkar college. Gelfman is passionate about her need to invigorate the walls by giving them a dose of art and love. Since 2009, Gelfman has been a well-known figure in the street art scene, where she is best known for her tangible work and her unique technique of drawing with yarn on walls. Her work has received significant media attention and praise around the globe. In 2016, her work will be published in two international street art books in France and in Germany. She has exhibited five solo shows and dozens of group shows, including the Tel Aviv and Haifa Museums of Art, Herzliya Biennial, Art Basel Miami, Vitrinart, and galleries in Tokyo (Tama) and New York (Ward Nasse).
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
DIOZ studied animation in Bezalel Academy of Arts and worked for a while in cinema, but after discovering street art, now works as a freelance illustrator designing albums covers and pursuing his love of graffiti. His motto is ‘go with the flow’, creating powerful creatures who watch over the Florentine neighbourhood. He is also part of a collective group called the Prettimess. Prettimess was born in the streets of south Tel Aviv. These artists found their path by making street art. ‘We don’t have a complicated agenda. We don’t hide behind masks. We believe in the creation of accessible, pretension-free, diverse art with an aspiration to reach and touch as many people as we can, as years of making street art had taught us. Culture for the people.’
Wonky Monky was born in 1980 and graduated from Bezalel. He now lives and works in Tel Aviv. Wonky Monky has been painting walls since he can remember, specifically in Tel Aviv. His yellow monkey is his trademark and represents our evolutionary story, from monkeys in the prehistoric days to monkeys in the middle of an urban jungle.
Murielle Street Art
Murielle’s graffiti is a world of questions that invites us to think. Standing in front of her paintings and artwork immediately provokes questions and thoughts about the behavior of humans and their interactions. Murielle is a technophobe and, with her art, she wants to delve deeper into people’s relationship with technology. ‘Modern life is becoming cheaper and cheaper and our consuming age is discarding quality’, she explains.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.