A visit to Tel Aviv isn’t complete without taking in its many incredible sights. Culture Trip’s curated tours and experiences take you to the very heart of the city.
Tel Aviv is one of the most vibrant cities in Israel, combining word-class nightlife, beautiful architecture and intriguing local art. On a visit to the city, make sure to step away from the usual tourist traps and experience something a little more unique.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Get acquainted with Tel Aviv’s local street photography scene and discover the graffiti on the city walls, or if you’re feeling active, hike to the gorgeous Golan Heights and pass through the ancient village of Katzrin, exploring its dormant volcano. The recommendations below have been curated by Culture Trip, to make your trip to Tel Aviv as amazing as possible.
This is a workshop that is great for beginners or novices who are trying to improve their skills as photographers. Street photography is an art that is best when it is candid and raw, giving a realistic view of the people and locations that you are capturing. With the skills that you learn in my workshop, you can learn this art. You can even learn what apps you can get for your phone to get incredible pictures even without a DSLR camera.
Head to Israel’s Golan Heights, with historical heritage to match its mountainous beauty, on a day trip from Tel Aviv! On route to the region, enjoy several photo stops – including one at the sacred baptismal site of Yarendit – and then explore the ancient Jewish village of Katzrin, the capital of Golan Heights. See its sixth-century synagogue on a walking tour and then travel to the summit of Mount Bental to view the vistas from one of Israel’s most impressive dormant volcanoes.
This full-day tour will take you to Masada, the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve and the Dead Sea. Combining hiking, sunrise views, nature and a chance to float in the healing waters of the Dead Sea, this tour will take you to three destinations that are not easy to get to on your own. This tour is ideal for independent travellers.
Come discover Tel Aviv through your feet. Run with a local guide and hear interesting stories about familiar places in the city. This tour will give you a taste of the city so you’ll know where to explorer deeper on your own. See the first neighbourhood and the latest buildings. learn about the history of Israel and Tel Aviv in particular. Visit the White City area and the beautiful beaches of Tel Aviv. Learn facts that even the local don’t know. All you need to bring is your running shoes.
The Tel Aviv tour is a unique combination of activities for a day filled with art, history, culture and food, exploring Tel Aviv by foot on a comprehensive walking architecture, food and street art tour. When possible, we have collaborated directly with the local street artists to promote accurate information and support of their work. After the tour we will provide information of artists whose work has been seen on the tour, providing social media information and where possible, opportunities to purchase work directly from the artists.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.