Salt water and sunshine go hand in hand with the steamy luxury of a hotel spa break, especially at the Dead Sea. The mineral-rich waters are said to have healing powers and boost your immune system – at the very least, a quick dip will leave your skin soft and your muscles tension-free. Here is Culture Trip’s pick of the best spa and wellness hotels near this salty lagoon.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Want to embark on an unforgettable boat cruise across the Dead Sea? Join Culture Trip’s expertly curated seven-day trip to the region, which also includes visits to Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.
With Kempinski, optimum luxury and excellent service are guaranteed. This five-star hotel in the heart of Amman is the perfect springboard to discover the area’s main attraction, the Dead Sea, while indulging in luxury spa experiences to pamper your body and clear your mind. The Kempi Spa has a menu of facials, massages – including Swedish, lymphatic and anti-cellulite – and Dead Sea treatments. The Thalgo sessions are specifically designed to harness the riches of the sea to revitalise and rebalance your skin.
The Dead Sea may be the lowest point in the world, but you will be elevated to new heights of relaxation at Hilton Dead Sea Resort and Spa. Lounge on the hotel’s sun deck out on a floating pontoon, surrounded by the salty Dead Sea. The property is close to the best mud pools offering the natural anti-aging treatment that draws thousands of tourists from all over the world. Accommodation ranges from deluxe guest rooms to luxurious suites with deep sunken baths and sea views.
The traditional Arabic village setting and lush gardens give this five-star resort an almost fairytale quality. The hotel manager and his team of well-versed staff will look after you well, while the award-winning Arabian Dead Sea Zara Spa has spectacular sea views. It’s one of the most advanced spas in the Middle East – hop between pools, steam rooms, tropical scent showers and the traditional hammam. There’s also a VIP royal therapy suite.
Float in the sea’s ultra-salty water and enjoy the region’s therapeutic mud pools while staying at the Marriott. The entire hotel sparkles, from the white pillars in the lobby to the manicured grounds and the big, blue swimming pools. The spa offers a whole range of services and treatments, plus an indoor pool filled with Dead Sea water. There’s also a gym and outdoor tennis courts. If you can prise yourself away, the Mujib Nature Reserve and Jordan River are not far from the hotel.
This five-star resort elegantly circles a gigantic palm-fringed swimming pool known as the Lake. Enjoy a cocktail at the swim-up Aqua Pool Bar and then glide through the cool, blue water to the adults-only infinity pool for views of the Dead Sea. Alternatively, enjoy a soak in the seawater jacuzzi. The impressive D’Sante Spa has a full menu of locally inspired treatments from body wraps to scrubs and massages. Aside from the sauna and steam rooms, an entire floor is reserved for authentic German hydrotherapy and various spa baths.
The highlights here start with the delicious Israeli breakfasts, outdoor pools and excellent service, while the impressive massage menu at the palatial Mineralia Spa will have you spoilt for choice. Expect treatments infused with influences from Thailand, Japan and India, alongside body-nourishing wraps and peels that use local muds and salts to leave you gleaming. Add to that sulphur and jacuzzi pools, steam rooms and a sauna, and you’ll need a few minutes in the luxe restrooms to coax you back to standing.
Vert Dead Sea is an upscale resort hotel on the shores of the Dead Sea with a wide, sandy private beach and strong environmental credentials. On site, you’ll find an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, gym and saunas. The spa has a jacuzzi, various specialist pools and a menu of 60 treatments including massages, oil baths, body peels and facials. Combine all this with some quality time floating in the Dead Sea and you’ll leave feeling brand new.
You’ll soon see why this luxury resort, with its own private beach, has accrued a good few awards. The Vitalis Spa is the hotel’s crowning glory – you’ll find heated and health-promoting pools, from seawater and sulphur pools to the Dead Sea pool. There’s a full-size Turkish hammam, solarium facility, mud pack treatments, hydrotherapy and a selection of saunas. All facials and massages are delivered using freshly mixed Dead Sea lotions and potions. Remember to visit the spa’s health bar, H-bar, for a fresh fruity shake.
All 98 newly designed rooms at the Spa Club Dead Sea have a vintage beachy feel, with wicker furniture and statement palm-print wallpaper. The hotel occupies a prime position on the shores of the Dead Sea, tucked between the Judean mountains. The Moroccan-style spa is designed to capture a certain essence of desert magic – here you can enjoy hydromassage, sulphur baths and a range of treatments involving heaps of Dead Sea mud, plus a heated indoor Dead Sea water pool containing 21 rejuvenating minerals.
This resort and spa near the Dead Sea is set inland, in a perfect position for taking advantage of the area’s natural hot springs. The rooms are decorated with natural materials and colourful furnishings, and come with balconies overlooking the valley and nearby mountains. When your skin is prune-like from hours spent between the natural pools, waterfalls and hot springs – as well as the Cascade Spa constructed of Jordanian stone – head for the pool bar, which has a staggering 40 types of ice cream. For something more substantial there’s an Italian restaurant and a traditional Bedouin communal dining experience, which begins nightly with an anise-flavoured welcome drink called Arak.
This four-star resort was one of the first in the area, built in 1990, and attracts a loyal following. It features 265 contemporary guest rooms and suites, and a spacious private beach with watersports – the largest beach on the Dead Sea – not to mention five pools, a children’s play area and fitness centre. The Vitalia Spa offers world-class therapies at the in-house medical centre, which is recognised for its expertise in dermatological care, massages, facials and Dead Sea Salt Scrubs. Dining options include an international buffet, poolside fare and a sports pub.
This bright and colourful mid-range resort is another affordable option in the area. Rooms have blonde-wood furnishings, tile floors and red accents – but most guests will be found around the spacious and modern pool area with fire pits, or kicking back at the beach. There are play areas and a games room for children, while adults can indulge at the full-service Oasis Spa. Peruse the wine list at the lobby lounge before you head for the impressive buffet offering plenty of international options. Airport shuttles are available.
This family-friendly resort has three heated pools, including an infinity with a swim-up bar, plus direct access to the beach. Decked out in bright colours, the spacious rooms – some that open up to the pool – come with complimentary mini-bars and bottled water. Along with an all-day buffet, there’s a sophisticated steakhouse offering fish kebabs, while lunch fare like salads, pizza and chicken shawarma are available on the terrace. Other amenities include a fitness centre and a variety of massages, body wraps and scrubs using Dead Sea products. And as it’s part of the Holiday Inn brand, children aged 12 and under stay and eat for free.
Additional reporting by Lilly Graves.
For more excellent stays near the Dead Sea, book a room in one of the best hotels in the Dead Sea, or one of the best resorts in the Dead Sea, with Culture Trip. Alternatively, visit the Dead Sea from the city of Amman.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.