A stone’s throw from Old Jaffa and just minutes from Rothschild Boulevard’s best cultural spots, Florentin makes a great base from which to explore Tel Aviv’s many attractions. From beautifully restored historic buildings to laid-back contemporary hostels, these hotels promise to pamper guests, regardless of budget.
With Florentin becoming a destination in its own right thanks to its internationally acclaimed street-art exhibits, culinary excellence and galleries in repurposed buildings, it was only a matter of time before hotels joined the scene. A host of accommodation options are available, ranging from five-star luxury to independent boutique hotels and self-starting design hostels.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
On a small, quiet street in the heart of the American Colony, this charming hotel is set in a meticulously preserved building that once housed British officers during the British Mandate. Featuring exposed arches from the former headquarters as well as the original staircase, accessible to guests wishing to tour the property. There is still an atmosphere of historical importance, with elegant period furniture placed throughout and contemporary touches including artworks on the walls, walk-in showers, premium linen and toiletries. Breakfast and an à la carte dinner menu are served at the restaurant, while the rooftop bar offers cocktails and snacks with a view. The bar downstairs is a special highlight and features original frescoes.
Located on the outskirts of Florentin, at the entrance to Old Jaffa and overlooking the Mediterranean, is the five-star Setai. It’s built on the grounds of a 12th-century fortress and Ottoman prison; the most famous of its prison cells once held Nazi Otto Eichmann before his trial. Today, the courtyards have been repurposed as beautifully maintained communal patio spaces lined with citrus and olive trees. Contemporary rooms and suites face the courtyard or sea. Original stone walls, Turkish rugs and historical black-and-white photographs of the area contrast with the clean, modern aesthetic. Several dining options are available, including a sushi restaurant and a cocktail bar, all of which pay homage to the hotel’s Turkish heritage. The luxe spa offers treatment rooms, a gym and a Turkish hammam while the rooftop infinity pool boasts splendid coastline views.
This urban boutique hotel is positioned at the entrance to the Florentin district, making it a great base from which to explore on foot. Hotspots such as Rothschild Boulevard, Independence Hall Museum, Neve Zedek and Shenkin Street are no more than a kilometre away. Each room is equipped with cable TV, free Wi-Fi and a coffee machine, and guests can enjoy a complimentary bottle of wine in their rooms upon arrival. En suites have either a bath or shower, with complimentary toiletries and a hair dryer. Rooms with balconies come complete with patio furniture and offer the perfect spot to enjoy the city view with a morning coffee or a sundowner. The rooftop has a sun terrace and an inflatable hot tub, perfect for relaxation after all that exploring.
The SoTLV complex offers furnished sea-view apartments, 24/7 security, business facilities and co-working space. Each apartment suite – ranging from a one-bedroom flat to a three-bedroom duplex – is cosy and well equipped, with a kitchen, bath and comforts including a Nespresso machine, hair dryer and iron. The location is unbeatable, with the Suzanne Dellal Centre and Rothschild Boulevard both minutes away. The beach is close by, and there is also a sea-facing outdoor pool and a fully equipped gym. Services include 24/7 self check-in, Apple TV, laundry facilities, meeting rooms and parcel service.
JOJO is ideally located at the west end of Florentin, a stone’s throw from Old Jaffa and the nearby beaches, with the American Colony, Neve Zedek and Rothschild Boulevard just a short walk away. Suites exude a vintage industrial-chic aesthetic and are generously equipped with wardrobes, workstations, air-conditioning, en suites with complimentary toiletries and an outdoor patio with city views. There is a shared lounge and kitchen on the premises, as well as laundry and daily housekeeping services, luggage storage and free Wi-Fi. The hotel also offers tours and activities to suit all visitors, including karaoke nights, cooking classes and museum tours.
Located in a restored, century-old olive press, Oliver’s five charming guest rooms feature eclectic furniture, lush textiles and soothing, earthy colours that balance perfectly with the clean white walls and exposed brick. In-room services include free Wi-Fi, smart TVs, air-conditioning, en suites with walk-in showers and wardrobes; choose a balcony room for scenic views. The common areas include a living room, laundry room and fully equipped kitchen with a bar and dining tables and complimentary beer and coffee. Enjoy a host of cafés, eateries and bars just steps away, including the renowned Humus Hakerem, popular pizzeria and live-music venue Teder.fm, and the endless variety on offer at Levinsky Market.
Suitable for solo travellers and couples, the hip and lively Florentin House is located on a quiet street and offers a variety of room categories: double, double plus, triple/quad, dorm rooms and a rooftop suite with a generous outdoor deck. Minimalist in design, the rooms are bright, highly functional spaces with en-suite bathrooms with walk-in showers. Each room also offers air conditioning, USB ports, wardrobes and mirrors, and some also have private balconies. Sheets, towels and daily housekeeping services are included along with free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour reception. The rooftop terrace has amazing sunset views and there are plenty of cafés, bars and restaurants nearby, most of which are open all day long.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.