For sunseekers, Israel’s Red Sea resort of Eilat is a natural getaway. Sandy beaches and turquoise waters meet activities galore, with world-class diving at the Coral Beach Nature Reserve and ancient history waiting to be discovered in the Negev desert. After a long day’s exploring, you’ll want somewhere comfortable to return to. Hotels here come decked out with spas, concierge services and – crucially – pools, so you can unwind and recuperate. Welcome to the best hotels in Eilat – all bookable on Culture Trip.
With four restaurants, a popular spa and a prime location right on the Eilat seafront, there’s little wonder that the Queen of Sheba is one of the Red Sea’s most popular luxury picks. Indulge in a muscle-melting Thai massage before tucking into a long, lazy alfresco lunch at the Ebony restaurant beside the spectacular hotel pool. Neutral rooms, with splashes of blue, suit holidaying couples just as well as families.
Sandwiched between park and beach, Soleil is a prime pick for couples who have come to Eilat to chill. You can spend days lounging by its pool – a centrepiece of the hotel – and evenings drinking cocktails in the bar-cum-restaurant lined with cushy seating and trendy tiling. The hotel staff will do the hard work of arranging any sightseeing tours or reservations should you need them – as well as car hire if you fancy a day trip to the nearby Negev desert.
Steps from HaDayagim Beach, Aria resort overlooks the ragged silhouette of distant mountains and the Red Sea waters, all directly from its pool area. If you’re a sunseeker, this pool, lined with mature palms and punctuated with thatched umbrellas, is exactly where you’ll want to spend most of your trip. Settle in for the day and order everything to your lounger be it towels, snacks or refreshing beers. Book a room with a balcony and you can enjoy the stunning views all day long.
If wellness is an essential part of your stay in Eilat, book into Royal Beach. Its Carmel Forest Spa has more than 70 indulgent treatments on offer – from hot-stone massages to reiki and seaweed wraps – plus decadent relaxation facilities in which to laze away the day. And the pampering doesn’t have to stop there: tuck into a slap up feast in the Ranch House steakhouse, let live music come to you at the onsite pub, or treat yourself with some prime shopping with Eilat’s premier strip just a short walk away.
This all-inclusive spot is just the place for families who want to focus on sun, sea and complete relaxation without having to watch spending. Throwing in food, drink, entertainment and activities as part of the deal, children will go wild for the water park, complete with slides and waterfalls, while parents will appreciate the modern rooms with pops of colour and floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the resort. Everyone will enjoy the array of tasty eating options with everything from pizza to sushi on offer.
The clue is in the name. Active types – whether couples or families – will love a stay at this all-inclusive that puts sport at the forefront. The ‘olympic lobby’ shows thrilling games on a big screen and the ‘sports arena’ restaurant dishes up three muscle-fueling meals a day whilst the main draw is the sheer number of activities on offer. Swim in the multiple pools, play basketball or tennis or head over to sweat it out in the gym.
The Jasper 08 bar is the centre of evening life at Isrotel Agamim – think fruity cocktails, DJ sets, live performances and the chance to make new friends. By day? Guests recuperate by the lagoon-style swimming pool or, if they’ve booked an ‘on the water’ room, practically float into it from bed. With a buzzy social scene, Isrotel Agamim is most suited to couples or groups of friends, especially those appreciative of the stylish, relaxed décor, all patterned throw pillows and statement pendant lights.
Fancy kayaking, sailing and pedal-boating? With a private marina attached to Astral Palma, all of this is on tap at the Astra Palma. Throw in a greenery-encircled swimming pool and atmospheric bar along with plush rooms just off Eilat’s Lagoona. The largest rooms sleep up to six people, ideal if you’re travelling as a family or with friends. Shoppers take note, there’s a well-stocked mall next door to this hotel.
This is an updated version of an article originally by Deborah Cicurel.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.