Whether you’re a family seeking an easy-breezy week in the sun or a loved-up couple keen to pair buzzy urban nightlife with a stint on the beach, Israel nails the resort lifestyle. No matter where you choose – be it city, desert or even the Dead Sea – infinity pools, spectacular spas and fresh Middle Eastern cuisine are bound to be part of the package. Here’s our round-up of some of the best resorts in Israel.
At the edge of the Ramon Crater, in the sun-baked Negev Desert, the Beresheet offers proper remote luxury. Infinity pools – a full 39 of the ground-floor rooms have them – let you splash while soaking up the view of the inhospitable surrounding wilds. There’s a spa with a comprehensive list of pampering treatments to choose from. Grab a seat on the Rosemarine Restaurant terrace at breakfast, and you’ll enjoy sweeping golden-toned landscapes with your morning shakshuka.
The Dead Sea delivers for both wellness-seekers and families, and Herods is a stylish, relaxed place to take it all in. Think private beach space, aquamarine tones in rooms and multiple restaurants, bars and pools (including a sulphur one, especially beneficial for those with skin conditions). Grown-ups, do make time for the spa, which includes a striking cream-stone hammam and hydrotherapy treatments to really help those shoulders unclench.
On a powdery west-facing beach, just 20 minutes north of Tel Aviv, this resort gives you the best of a city break with a spell of low-key relaxation. Built in the 1950s, Dan Accadia has been given a facelift with a choice of garden- or water-facing rooms bathed in the gentle tones of sand and sea. Intersperse dips in the pool with a beach buffet, then, come evening, uncork the Israeli wine as the sun sets above the waves.
From top restaurants to scene-y beaches, Tel Aviv is the place for urban thrills in Israel, and the Hilton is right in the thick of the action. Hilton Beach, right outside the hotel, has a thriving gay scene while surrounding Independence Park is a popular spot for watching the sunset. The best of the city, including restaurant-stuffed Carmel Market and the Bauhaus buildings near Rothschild Boulevard, is all within walking distance of this resort in Tel Aviv.
Jaffa is one of the oldest ports in the world, and a stay in this stylish 17th-century house immerses you deeply in its ancient atmosphere. Enter from one of the narrow, cobbled alleyways, and you’ll discover a gorgeously styled array of suites with period features. A two-bedroom apartment with a fully equipped kitchen has a spectacular roof terrace with sweeping views out over the Mediterranean and neighbouring Tel Aviv.
Why do we love this spot so? For the contemporary bedrooms splashed in sunshine yellow, prettied with potted orchids; the poolside grill with rambling lawns, on which to enjoy creamy hummus or sizzling burgers; and the powdery beachfront. This family-friendly Dead Sea resort has all you need for a dream holiday in the sun. Children will enjoy the kids club, decked out with a video arcade, offering plenty of activities; parents can relax at the tranquil al fresco solarium.
Who says a historic break in ancient Jerusalem can’t come with a little modern-day fun? Blessed with a sprawling rooftop pool, a decadent spa with more than 70 treatments and a cool, contemporary design, Orient Hotel brings a fresh vibe to balance out all that heavyweight sightseeing. Rooms come with brushed-copper-toned sinks and rainfall showers, not to mention, in some cases, balconies – all that and the fascinating old city core is 1km (0.6mi) away.
For more places to stay in Israel, discover the best hotels in Herzliya, and book today with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.