Meet Galit Reismann, a Tel Aviv-based fashion entrepreneur and founder of TLVstyle, a unique brand and personalized tour service that takes visitors to the city’s most innovative studios. Offering an inside scoop on the local fashion and design scene, Resimann is of the philosophy that ‘People are looking for experiences, to become insiders. I take them behind the scenes to the working spaces, to see the vibe and meet the people. That is where the magic is happening.’
Galit Reismann is a true tastemaker. From customized tours to curating content for fashion events, she endeavors to be true to the stories and the people behind the fashion. Reismann hosts journalists from all over the world and works to expose the people that deserve attention and awareness. Most of her customers are international and diverse, ranging from the fashionistas to anyone looking for inspiration.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Reismann grew up in the 1970s, when fashion in Israel was nothing to write home about. But she grew up in a style conscious home where she was dressed in the best clothing, which made her aware early in life about how to celebrate your appearance and let your beauty shine from the inside out. After a nine-year stint in the media industry, she decided to call it quits, and naturally gravitated toward fashion.
CoupleOf, the famous Israeli shoe brand, was the first to open the door to the retail business. Shortly after, Reismann landed a job as marketing and sales manager for a distributor selling bags. Much of her work there involved international clients and required travel to New York. Though the job was exciting, after being away from Tel Aviv for long periods of time, she grew homesick. ‘I missed my city,’ she says. ‘I wasn’t connected to the city in any channel.’ It was then that the idea she had dabbled with for a while, to start her own venture, became a reality.
The Culture Trip: You founded TLVstyle with ‘the idea to celebrate life here and to tell the story of Tel Aviv, through the fashion scene, through a different angle, through the faces of Israel.’ How did this idea come about?
Galit Reismann: I was lying on my bed one day. I remember facing the ceiling and I saw the city that I love. I knew if I can’t travel then I will bring the world to me… I’m going to work with the whole world in my hometown. I want to choose with whom to work. Why work with six designers, if I can work with 60 or 600? So I put everything in the ‘magimix’ and that’s how TLVstyle was born – with Tel Aviv, my love of culture, international people, fashion and local design.
What’s the next step? Where do you want to take TLVstyle?
TLVstyle has slowly reshaped itself but the core of my vision is still alive: to create a platform and a connection between the local creative community and the creative energy that we have in Tel Aviv. [I want to connect] the Israeli talent that we have here to the international community, to the international world, and to create engagement.
Which designers do you collaborate with?
I’m trying to focus on young designers. 99% are from the emerging community. I’m trying to be ‘the voice,’ and to empower the young that are looking for exposure and to grow.
What inspires you about these young designers?
Deciding to be here. To be a creator in Israel, one of the only countries in the world where the government doesn’t support such an industry, makes it a struggle. So if they decide this is their inner call, and if they’re talented and they’re doing an amazing, inspiring, international-level job, I will do everything for them. They inspire me with their braveness and risk taking.
We’re living in an area with such a lack of resources of any kind: materials, vendors, partnerships and so on, so to see people work with the lack, how it pushes their boundaries to be more innovative and show that to the world, so if they don’t have the ability now to go to a tradeshow and I can bring the world to their tiny studio in Tel Aviv, I rest my case. I created engagement. I created a dialogue. It fills me with so much joy and happiness.
Who are three designers we should look out for?
Tooshaaya, ALUMA handmade, and Medusa. I love these designers’ spirit, their personality, and their innovative products. But of course these are only a few examples of amazing Israeli designers and there are many others that people should also appreciate.
How would you describe Israel’s fashion and design scene today?
In the last five to seven years, there has been a boom of emerging designers. They are reshaping the industry. If there was boom in the textile industry before, now you see a lot of the young textile designers graduating from Shenkar, opening their own studios, and in a new way they’re creating a kind of a revival. They’re bringing back to the game the role of textile in Israel; reshaping, using new techniques, new material, sophisticated yet simple style, but with an edge.
You’ve said that there’s now an awareness to quality that wasn’t here in the 1980s and 1990s. What has contributed to this change?
In the last decade, the combination of academies like Shenkar and Bezalel, globalization plus the open skies and the media, the Internet and the social media – all of this has led to an open market. We’re now in one small village and that inspires and pushes people in a way.
How do you see the future of Israeli fashion and design?
I think we’re bringing something new to the conversation – to the sphere. Since there’s a big change in the world and we’re heading in a more personal direction, consumers are looking for the individual, the personal voice. Israelis are offering something rare and different. The ones that will be clever to combine their talent with business will succeed.
There are already some great successes here and it’s nice that people recognize that. We’re getting more awareness, it’s reshaping, growing. We don’t have huge fashion houses but you can find high-end fashion here. We can be proud – of this 60-year-old country, this Middle-Eastern country, of the challenges people face in the country – and always look forward.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.