A fabulous beach holiday is all about treating yourself, right? And there’s no better way to indulge than by booking into a luxury hotel. So, when you come to Eilat, by the Red Sea in Israel, bed down at one of the best options for a 5 star hotel in Eilat.
From first-rate amenities – like pampering spas or gourmet restaurants – to magazine-worthy interiors and super-attentive service, a top-quality stay can turn a good holiday into a great one. Check out these luxury hotels that will make your time in Eilat an unforgettable one.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Named after the biblical figure (said to have journeyed to Jerusalem with mounds of gold and precious stones in tow), it’s little wonder that the Queen of Sheba is one of the best luxury hotels in Eilat. Set just off a central beach, and flanked by the yacht-stuffed Lagoona, this grand pile impresses from the moment you walk through its doors. The Sheba Spa is decked out with a Jacuzzi, a steam room and a sauna, while bedrooms afford postcard views over the Red Sea and the surrounding peaks.
Herods Vitalis, set by a honey-coloured fringe of beach and lapped by the blues of the Red Sea, is all about pampering. The spa is its main focus, with indoor and outdoor pools, hydrotherapy waterfalls and a sauna on tap to help you unwind – not to mention shoulder-unclenching massages and skin-soothing facials. But the wellness vibe extends to some of the bedrooms, too: the Rain Suite features a double whirlpool bath, a rain shower and a balcony with pool views.
Astral Palma, in the heart of the marina, is a great bet for travellers looking to do a spot of holiday shopping – you’re sandwiched between stores galore, right next to the popular Ice Mall. Not that you’ll necessarily have time for shopping sprees, mind you. Besides great views, at Astra Palma, you’ll find a private marina with water sports to fill your days and a pool lined with sunbeds and lush greenery. Lovely contemporary bedrooms feature subtle seaside tones and soft lighting.
If your definition of luxury includes waking up on the beach, then Dan Eilat, perched right on the sands of HaZahav, is a prime pick. Two central swimming pools, fringed in palms and atmospherically landscaped with boulders, make it a natural choice for families. A children’s play centre comes as a bonus, so you can slip away to the spa, a romantic lunch at one of the many onsite restaurants or rest up ahead of an evening at the onsite disco.
With its private stretch of beach, selection of restaurants, tranquil spa and even its own nightlife location – the popular Three Monkeys Pub – the Royal Beach has got everything you need for a prime Eilat holiday. This includes spectacular views: many of the rooms enjoy uninterrupted vistas towards the sparkling blue sea and out to the nearby mountains. When you do head out, you’ll have a buzzing beachside promenade to enjoy just a few steps away.
Families are treated like royalty at Isrotel King Solomon. From the series of pools to the decked-out kids’ club and poolside snack bar – plus plenty of family-sized rooms with separate children’s sleeping areas – the resort is well-placed to help your brood make lasting beachside memories. Little ones will adore the water slides in particular; parents will love the opportunity to sneak away to an onsite spa with a hot tub and a relaxation area.
You’ll feel like you’re staying in the middle of nowhere at this hotel, ringed in palms and russet earth. And, yet, you’re still only a short walk from the beach and the glassy expanse of the New Marina. Herods is a popular pick with business travellers who want to mix its conference facilities with the sun-drenched location – but the balcony-lined rooms, with hues of blue and gold, suit leisure travellers just as well.
With a prime location right on the sands of HaShchafim Beach and a spectacular palm-fringed pool stretching theatrically towards the water, it’s easy to see what makes Herods Palace such a popular stay. Plenty of poolside loungers, plus alfresco dining areas and a beach area with thatched umbrellas, mean you can basically spend your entire day outside. And, with average temperatures in Eilat upwards of 24C (75F), who wouldn’t want that?
All-inclusive resorts, when done well, can provide the ultimate luxury: the opportunity to eat and drink to your heart’s content – without ever having to worry about the final bill. And Isrotel Lagoona, set by a yacht-filled marina, does just that. From popsicles and ice cream to beers and wine, all your daily snacks, meals and bevvies are included, so you can just kick back and enjoy. The only wallet worry? You’re a mere 2-minute walk from some of the finest shopping in the city.
You won’t want to leave the pool at Astral Maris – and, with rich views towards the Red Sea right from here, as well as a waterside bar and food menu, you’ll rarely have to. When you do finally budge from your lounger, enjoy the full onsite restaurant – serving up everything from freshly baked bread to fishy feasts – and modern rooms, decked out in crisp whites. If you’re travelling with little ‘uns, you’ll appreciate the onsite kids’ club.
For some stylish options, discover our guide to the best boutique hotels in Eilat and book now on Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.