Whether you hanker for an arty design boutique or a well-established luxury retreat, there’s sure to be a beachfront place to stay in Tel Aviv for you. Here are the best hotels in the Israeli city.
The second city of Israel is a meeting of two worlds: the modern metropolis of Tel Aviv to the north, home to a bustling beach promenade, lovely oceanfront parks and some fantastic restaurants and nightlife; and the old port city of Jaffa (also known as Yafo) further south, where evocative ancient buildings tell the story of thousands of years of history. In both, you’ll find a delectable collection of beach hotels.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Perched on the buzzing Tel Aviv promenade overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, Royal Beach is right in the heart of things and has an atmosphere to match the surrounding energy. Rooms are lit by vibrant pink light boxes and overlook the city or the sea, while the relaxing spa offers treatments including reiki, shiatsu and hot-stone massage. Don’t miss the gourmet cuisine at West Side Restaurant, and do try the grouper tartare.
Inspired by French designer Maurice Renoma, this boutique hotel is stylish to the core. Externally it has a 1930s art deco look; within, the guest rooms combine this aesthetic with modern hotel comfort and facilities, including a well-equipped gym and spa, a trendy bar and a cafe serving delicious home-baked pastries. Bikes are available to rent, so you can explore nearby sights such as the bustling Carmel Market. If you plan on visiting nearby Trumpeldor Beach, ask for a VIP beach kit at reception; a member of staff will get there before you and set up a private tent, with a blanket, towels, cold beers and water and some beach-friendly games.
The vibrant Yam Hotel reflects the breezy, Mediterranean atmosphere of Tel Aviv in the sea-blue couches and marine-themed cushions which adorn the common areas, and the similarly cheerful aesthetic of the guest rooms – many of which overlook the sea from their balconies. Within easy reach are Tel Aviv Port and Metzitzim Beach, while the lovely lawns and palm trees of Ha-Banim Garden lie just behind the hotel.
The Marriott Renaissance properties all guarantee a stylish, luxurious stay, and this one is no different. Rooms are tastefully decorated in muted pastel tones, and many overlook the Mediterranean Sea – choose the lavish Renaissance Suite, decked in dark wood and occupying a penthouse position, for the ultimate in exclusivity and luxury. Lavish Israeli breakfasts overlooking the beach are the highlight at the Africa Dining Hall.
Sitting on the promenade, Orchid has sand-hued guest rooms, with wood floors and off-white marble bathrooms, which blend with the rocky Tel Aviv coastline and the beach you can see from your window. Deluxe rooms feature balconies furnished with sunloungers where you can enjoy the view – an activity that’s also available beside the large outdoor pool. Don’t miss the chance to stroll down the promenade to Sunset Point, for stunning views of the sun going down over the Med.
A palatial hotel complex in golden stone, the Setai is one of the best places to stay in Tel Aviv, combining a traditional look with modern luxury. Rooms and suites are tasteful, with marble bathrooms, plush Turkish rugs and latticed screen lanterns; they overlook either the ocean, the city or an Ottoman patio, often from a balcony. The atmospheric spa uses ingredients such as amber, orange peel and turmeric in a range of restorative treatments, while the Jaya Restaurant serves superb traditional Israeli cuisine – don’t miss the Shabbat buffet every Friday night.
As the name indicates, this professional aparthotel has an unrivalled position right on the beach, looking over the blue of the Mediterranean Sea. You can enjoy the view from the furnished balcony of your sea-view apartment or, if you plump for the presidential suite, from your own ocean-facing pool. City-view suites are also available, and all feature kitchenettes; smaller rooms are also on offer, which just have fridges and microwaves.
A warm welcome is guaranteed at this charming place to stay in Tel Aviv, which sits just a few steps from Independence Park and, beyond that, the sands of Hilton Beach. Spa rooms feature luxurious jacuzzi tubs just steps from the bed, so you’ll barely have to move to enjoy extreme relaxation, while the hotel rooftop is open to all and is a lovely spot to kick back on a sunlounger and take in the city and sea views.
Looking for more plush hotels in Tel Aviv? Check out our pick of the best hotels in Jaffa, Tel Aviv’s vibrant port city.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.