There are numerous reasons why Israelis make for excellent other halves: from their warm and welcoming families to their expert knowledge of hummus, here are nine of the best.
Israelis are straight talking
While they are often perceived by foreigners as being rude, Israelis are actually refreshingly straight talking and honest. Your Israeli other half won’t beat around the bush with insinuations or waste time being passive aggressive – they’ll tell you what they think whether you like it or not!
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
You’ll be introduced to a mix of cultures
Israelis are an ethnically mixed people. Jews from every corner of the world, from Yemen and Ethiopia to Poland and Argentina, have moved there since the state was established in 1948. Israelis today are thus a fascinating mix of backgrounds and cultures. While the different foods and customs of their origins have morphed into some kind of general, eclectic Israeli culture, chances are you’ll be exposed to various cuisines (such as hearty Polish cholent) and celebrations (such as the sweet and colourful Moroccan mimouna festival).
Israeli mothers will spoil you with food
It’s a well-known stereotype that Jewish mothers indulge their loved ones with delicious homemade food. Israeli families are particularly warm and loving, so dating a Jewish Israeli and getting to know his/her mother will inevitably mean you will never go hungry again!
Shabbat dinners are the best
The Sabbath is one of Judaism’s most beautiful traditions. Every week, as the sun falls on Friday evening until it falls again on Saturday, Jews around the world switch off their electronics, take a break from the outside world, and spend quality time with their loved ones. The best part of Shabbat is dinner on Friday (and the leftovers the following day), with copious amounts of delicious food, wine, and laughs around the kitchen table. Think Christmas every week, just without the presents. Dating a Jewish Israeli would open up this world of food and family fun to you!
They are really good looking
Anyone who has been to Israel can vouch for this. A casual stroll through Tel Aviv will reveal that famous Israeli beauties such as Gal Gadot and Bar Refaeli are by no means exceptions. Due to their mix of ethnicities and backgrounds, Israelis have beautiful complexions and interesting features: whether you’re into tanned, dark haired men/women of North African descent or blonde, blue-eyed Russians, Israel has it all. In addition, because of the mandatory military service and beach and fitness culture (especially in Tel Aviv), young adults tend to be in very good shape.
Endless terms of endearment
Israelis use numerous terms of endearments that will make your heart melt quicker than a chocolate teapot. From kapara sheli (my atonement/redemption), neshama sheli (my soul), and haim sheli (my life), you will be inundated with beautiful Hebrew sayings.
They live life to the full
Israelis tend to live their lives in the moment and with a certain intensity, perhaps in part an outcome of the never-ending conflict and violence they’ve been brought up in. Whether it’s eating, partying, or loving – you can count on your Israeli other half to make the most of the finer things in life.
They are adventurous
Largely due to the mandatory military service most Israelis do after high school, which often throws them into the deep end and exposes them to tough and adrenaline-filled exercises, as well as real life combat situations, Israelis are generally very adventurous people. This is also a result of Israel being a tiny country, meaning many Israelis want to travel elsewhere and explore the world. From long hikes to amazing trips to remote locations, dating an Israeli will bring out the adventurer in you.
Hummus takes up a sacred place in Israeli society. You’ll know just how much it means there when you witness an argument about the best spot in town. Dating an Israeli essentially means dating a hummus connoisseur, which can only be a good thing. From making delicious hummus at home to taking you to the best joints, an Israeli other half will ensure you get your hummus fix!
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.