Tel Aviv is fast growing into a hub of style and design with Israeli designers like Alon Livné, Nili Lotan and Alber Albaz taking over some of the world’s most important fashion stages. Tel Aviv is not just an amazing destination for history and culture, and not just about dining as well – you can explore the city’s bustling fashion scene and shop for some amazing and unique pieces from one of Tel Aviv’s top fashion designers.
Today’s most famous Israeli fashion designer, and with good reason, is Alon Livné. Winner of the first season of Israeli Project Runway, his ready-to-wear collection has gained him a following including Naomi Campbell, Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton. After he was commissioned by Beyonce to design gowns for The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour back in 2013, he became the first Israeli brand to display in Paris’s fashion show in 2017 and forecasts are declaring him to be destined for many more great things. His bridal collection; ‘Alon Livne White‘ is sold in boutiques and bridal shops worldwide and is incredibly admired by bridal fashion editors and magazines around the world.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
An Israeli fashion chain of clothing which can be found in over 1,000 stores including 14 European countries and other global locations, Sack’s contemporary collections still give the feeling of a boutique fashion designer brand. Their insistence on using the finest quality fabrics like pure cotton, silk, cashmere, leather and others – make their everyday and evening clothing not only stylish and flattering but also high-quality and comfortable.
To all of those whose wardrobes are filled with monochromatic shades and no single colour, this is the place for you. Sharon Brunsher‘s stores are heaven for anyone who appreciates minimalism. All about flowing tops and pastoral chic, the brand’s three Tel Aviv stores sell not only clothing but are also home to textiles, accessories, stationery, fragrances and more. Recommended by Vogue, Elle Decor and W Tel Aviv guide, the brand’s Tel Aviv stores should not be missed.
A female fashion brand founded by three Shenkar Fashion Design School graduates, aimed at Tel Aviv’s urban stylish clientele. The three (Tres) designers worked for famous fashion homes like Alon Livne and Maskit before joining forces to create their own brand, and have recently opened their first store in the heart of Tel Aviv.
Julliett is a beloved womenswear fashion label sold in boutiques, online, and in the brand’s Tel Aviv studio. The designer, Gili Azoulay makes modern, unique and clean-cut silhouettes that flatter any body type and uses silk in her eveningwear in order to contrast shiny and matte. The one thing that you will see in each and every one of her collections is a jumpsuit.
Tel Aviv-based designer Maya Negri has five stores across the country, as well as an online portal. She takes after Tel Aviv’s ‘organic flow’ of international and Israeli influences and adapts her collections to reflect this diversity of influences. Another thing evident in her collections is their ability to be dressed up or down, which is something very important to the typical dynamic Tel Avivian lifestyle, as the Tel Aviv woman wants to work hard and be comfortable, and look amazing doing it.
Aviva Zilberman’s collection offers the perfect combination of soft, sensual femininity along with the elegance of more masculine structures. When she founded her brand in 2008, she aspired to create a modern high-end ready-to-wear house, and it works. Her clothes, although on the pricey side, offer much more than style or fashion, they offer precision, elegance, and confidence.
Stella & Lori
When Israeli sisters, one an architect and the other a marketing professional, decided to start their own fine leather brand in Tel Aviv, they named it after their grandmothers, Stella and Lori, since in the sister’s eyes, they marked the concept of bringing a European touch of style and chic to Israel. The duo design leather bags and accessories made of raw material, as well as a unique clothing ready-to-wear line.
ATA is the name of a clothing factory which operated in Israel between 1935 and 1980, a nostalgic name in Israeli fashion history. The factory designed clothing with fine materials made for long hours of work. The brand was resurrected in 2011 with the purpose to bring life to the spirit of Israel’s first few years, which marked the beginning of something new to the Jews who came to build this country from all ends of the world. ATA‘s clothing lines, for both men and women, are comfortable and basic but with an added benefit of more modern materials, silhouettes, and a vintage touch.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.