Whether you want to navigate Tel Aviv’s art scene, take a food tour of one of its numerous culinary hotspots or escape the beaten path to explore the “other” side of the city, there’s a tour for you.
Tel Aviv is a magnetic destination, with a unique blend of culture, history and architecture. These tours will show you the pulse of the city in all of its colours, ensuring you experience everything that makes it such a vibrant place.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Fancy seeing Tel Aviv from new heights? Venture to the city’s biggest urban park, Hayarkon Park, and float 91 metres (300 feet) up into the air in a hot-air balloon. Enjoy sweeping views of the city skyline and sea, and marvel at the nearby mountain scenery. Savour every moment from up high, and know that you’re in good hands with your experienced pilot who will also point out Tel Aviv’s landmarks to you.
The diversity of Tel Aviv’s art scene is what makes it so special. From high-end spaces such as Dvir Gallery to alternative projects like Meshuna Gallery, there’s something for everyone. A tour will show you the pulse of the scene and lead you around some of the best street art in the city. Hear stories from your local guide and decipher every mural. This tour is an unmissable experience for art aficionados.
This 2.5-hour culinary extravaganza takes participants to the best spots in Carmel Market, Tel Aviv’s main open-air market. For the uninitiated, it is easy to stroll through the shuk and miss the best eateries, which are often unassuming or tucked away off the main strip. A tour will make sure you sample the best places, weaving through the shuk and the quaint backstreets of the neighbouring Yemenite Quarter, where you’ll meet vendors and learn about the history of the area.
Escape the beaten track and explore HaTikvah Market, the most underrated culinary destination in Tel Aviv. Located in the Hatikvah (“The Hope”) neighbourhood, which has a working-class character and a very diverse population, the market is home to an array of eateries that reflect the area’s melting pot of cultures. Led by a charismatic Bhuka guide, you’ll taste the best flavours the market has to offer, learn about the area’s history and drink plenty of wine between each stop.
Tel Aviv has a flourishing vegan scene and is among the best destinations in the world to be vegan. A vegan culinary tour will provide you with ample insider information about the best places to feast as well as plenty of samples to try along the way. Get the scoop about new emerging vegan chefs on the scene, explore the city via taste buds and see classic Tel Aviv sights at the same time.
Tel Aviv is often labelled as the ‘city that never sleeps’, and this tour will show you why. This pub crawl will take participants into the heart of Tel Aviv’s buzzing nightlife, skipping lines and getting free drinks along the way. On this five-hour tour, you’ll dance the night away at four of the best bars and clubs with fellow travellers.
A tour of a bus station seems like an odd suggestion, but Tel Aviv’s New Central Bus Station is among the most mysterious pieces of architecture in the city. Neither new nor central, the station occupies a sprawling space in the gritty south of Tel Aviv and is full of surprising features. A Yiddish cultural centre, a street-art exhibition, a bat cave and a Filipino food market are just some of the things you’ll discover on this off-the-beaten-track tour.
A must for architecture lovers and history buffs, this walking tour will show you Tel Aviv’s top sights and most prominent architecture, from contemporary structures to Bauhaus buildings. German-Jewish graduates of the Bauhaus school built some 4,000 buildings in the 1930s and 1940s, in what was then Mandatory Palestine, and many of these structures have undergone restoration in recent years. See for yourself why UNESCO declared the ‘White City’ a World Heritage site. Prepare for half a day of compelling history, spanning back over a thousand years, and appreciate the different neighbourhoods that show how the city has evolved throughout the years.
In this two-hour street photography experience, you’ll use a 35mm point and shoot film camera to capture pictures of the city’s most vibrant cultural spots and famous architecture. Starting by the beach, you’ll be taken through the Yemenite Quarter, Herzl Street, Neve Tzedek and Levinsky Market, capturing the pulse of Tel Aviv.
This off-the-beaten-track tour will introduce you to a side of Tel Aviv not shown on postcards. Taking you around Neve Sha’anan, a neighbourhood in south Tel Aviv with a large immigrant population – a mix of Asian migrant workers and refugees, predominantly from Sudan and Eritrea – you’ll learn about the complicated story of the area and the reality of these people, with plenty of helpings of their delicious cuisines along the way.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.