With Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery and Legoland Discovery Centre, Birmingham takes some beating when it comes to family attractions. To save you a job, we’ve scoured the city for hotels suited to your next family getaway – whether you’re all about staying within walking distance of the best entertainment, or prefer a family-friendly resort ideal for keeping the kids occupied. You can thank us later.
Ideal for families with teenagers, Genting Hotel Birmingham is perfectly located for food, drink and events. This homely hotel near the NEC Exhibition Centre is housed within the popular entertainment destination, Resorts World, which boasts popular shops, restaurants and bars. Nearby, there’s plenty to do – for family-friendly events and concerts, Resorts World Arena is opposite, along with the Bear Grylls Adventure. There’s also an Imax cinema within the centre itself.
Pool? Check. Fitness centre? Check. Golf course? Check. Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club Birmingham is a snapshot of country life on the city’s edge. Nestled between Birmingham and Coventry, this country club offers spacious rooms with two double beds, ideal for family stays. There are TVs in each room, alongside onsite dining and a spa. Each room provides excellent views across the grounds where deer roam free.
Families looking for a cosy home away from home should look no further than Staycity Aparthotels Birmingham Central Newhall Square. All rooms come with a kitchenette and utensils supplied, seating areas and TVs, plus sofa beds, cots and high chairs for the little ones upon request. Staycity is located near to the vibrant St Paul’s Square for restaurants and bars, and a 10-minute walk into Birmingham city centre for fun attractions.
Perfect for four people, family rooms at Birmingham Marriott Hotel offer elegance and convenience combined. Nearby central attractions include the National Sea Life Centre, while Cadbury World is just a 15-minute train ride away from a nearby station, Five Ways. Back at the hotel, there’s a spa for the adults while streaming TV shows over the super-fast unlimited wifi should keep the kids happy, too.
For many, a family-friendly hotel isn’t perfect unless you can bring the entire household – including your four-legged friend. Hilton Birmingham Metropole is dog-friendly and located a short walk away from the entertainment complex Resorts World. They also offer a free shuttle bus to Birmingham International Airport and the train station. Their stylish executive rooms sleep four, provide comfortable seating areas and include all the amenities required for a relaxing break.
The Spires Birmingham provides an affordable base for family holidays in Birmingham – without compromising quality. These centrally located apartments provide modern accommodation for families of up to six, with fitted kitchens, open-plan sitting areas and ensuite facilities included. Child-friendly attractions, such as Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery and Thinktank, are within walking distance. New Street Station is also a short stroll away from your door.
With 253 luxury guest rooms and suites, it’s easy for families to feel at home at Park Regis Birmingham. This high-rise, the four-star hotel stands proud at the end of the city’s bustling Broad Street and provides a modern variety of rooms for families of all sizes. The hotel is conveniently located near two of the city’s largest cinemas and is a short walk from canalside attractions such as Legoland and the Sea Life Centre.
For a relaxing stay, check out our guide to the best spa hotels in Birmingham, UK – bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.