Leeds is a thriving, modern metropolis with deep historical roots in the north of England. Whether you come for the shopping, museums or magnificent parks, this Yorkshire city has some fantastic places to lay your head after a day of sightseeing. Spa hotels, historic options and brand new spots are all clustered in the city centre, within easy reach of transport links. Here’s our guide to the best hotels in Leeds, bookable with Culture Trip.
Looking for alternatives to standard Leeds hotels? The Bells offers eight ultra-luxe serviced apartments located between central Leeds and the River Aire. Each is uniquely decorated with a mix of bold contemporary art and antique touches like overstuffed leather chairs, and they’re entirely self-contained but fully serviced. Try the twin-bedroom Santa Maria, with a hot tub, chandeliers, Latin-American paintings throughout and an open-plan kitchen with top-of-the-range fittings. Or perhaps the NY loft-style Liberty, with its spacious, full-length balcony and mezzanine bedroom.
Centrally situated on the city’s old Granary Wharf, Doubletree is one of the slickest, most professional hotels in Leeds, as you expect from a Hilton. Floor-to-ceiling windows allow maximum natural light into all the rooms – from standard twins to luxe queen guest rooms with views of the Leeds and Liverpool canal. With a fitness centre and restaurant on-site, it’s ideal for any visitor, whether you’re coming to Leeds for business or pleasure. The Doubletree also earns extra marks for accessible lifts and other features catering to travellers with limited mobility.
Sleek, luxurious and up-to-the-minute decor and fittings mark the Dakota out as one of the most stylish hotels in Leeds. The charcoal, black and metallic palette used throughout combines perfectly with luxuries such as high thread-count cotton sheets, 48-inch digital TVs with Sky and Sky Sports, and drenching monsoon showers. The equally slick Dakota Bar and Grill is a destination in its own right – ideal for a quiet negroni or stellar dishes such as Yorkshire ox cheek with bone-marrow mash.
This Art Deco-style building is close to the impressive Leeds City Museum and is in a prime location for some of the most popular attractions in the city. Particularly good for sightseers, Queens has 16 flexible meeting rooms and a ballroom for up to 550 guests. There’s a variety of shops and restaurants to explore in the surrounding area, but for ease you can dine in at Grand Pacific, which serves up locally sourced and inspired dishes.
Quebecs is the only independent luxury hotel in the centre of Leeds. Its distinct terracotta facade makes it instantly recognisable and a key feature of the city’s architectural landscape. The gigantic wrought-iron gate at its entrance and the magnificent oak staircase in the interior make a lasting first impression. With only 44 rooms, the hotel has an intimate and welcoming vibe, and every room is uniquely decorated.
The Chambers Park Place is ideal if you’re looking for all the comforts of home while on holiday. These serviced apartments are available for short-term and long-term visits, and guests can pay nightly, weekly or monthly. The building itself is a restored, turn-of-the-century number and blends antiquated charm with modern touches to create a pleasant and warm interior. Besides having a fully equipped apartment to yourself, you get the additional perks of a hotel, including a 24-hour concierge, laundry and dry cleaning.
Hugh McNaughtan contributed additional reporting.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
For some stylish options, discover our guide to the best boutique hotels in Leeds and book now on Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.