One of the major cities of the North and one of the main business hubs outside of England’s capital, Leeds is a city filled to the brim with cultural highlights and superb family attractions while also boasting an exciting nightlife. No matter whether you’re visiting for business or pleasure, there is plenty to discover during your time here. Suitable for weekend visits and longer stays alike, we’ve put together some of the best holiday apartments in town to help you plan your next trip to this exciting city.
Set in a beautiful Victorian building, Hanover House has a great choice of ten self-contained holiday apartments well suited for families and long-term visitors to the city. The one- and two-bedroom apartments come smartly furnished and have large open-plan kitchens and lounge areas, pristine bathrooms and comfortable bedrooms. The apartments are available to rent for anything between one day and up to six months and sleep up to a maximum of six guests – perfect for family groups or business professionals.
A collection of colourful and cosy apartments in the heart of Leeds, Skinner Lane is just a stone’s throw away from some of the city’s biggest attractions. These nicely furnished one-bedroom apartments are less than a 10-minute walk from the Grand Theatre, Opera House and O2 Academy and ideal if you are looking to make the most of the city’s vibrant cultural scene. Each of the flats features a satellite-connected flat-screen TV, a patio or a balcony area and comes with housekeeping service, giving you a true place to relax during your stay.
Merging the hotel and apartment experience seamlessly, Roomzzz is sure to have an apartment or suite to suit your stay. Roomzzz can be found in three locations around the city, with each featuring a collection of self-contained apartments or hotel suites. A great option if you are visiting the city on business, the apartments all have superfast internet connectivity, a dedicated workspace and a great coffee and tea set-up to get you through the day.
If you are looking for a slightly more luxurious stay during your time in Leeds, the Chambers should definitely be top of your list. Frequently voted the number one place to stay in Leeds by independent reviewers, the Chambers has top-of-the-line rooms and apartments available for anything between one night and one year. Designed for the complete home-away-from-home experience, each apartment features a king-size bed, utilities including your own washer-dryer and even some breakfast essentials for when you need to get up and go.
First opened in 2016, Mansion Suites aims to provide a high-quality stay for each of its guests. With an average 50 percent more floor space than a standard hotel room, the suites available are elegantly styled and spacious. Inside the apartments, you will find all of the modern comforts, including King of Cotton duvets and pillows, Molton Brown toiletries and a collection of Bosch kitchen appliances. Housed in a quiet residential area, Mansio Suites is still just a short trip into the city centre.
Looking for affordable places to stay in Leeds? Check out our guide to the best budget-friendly hotels in Leeds, bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.