Miles of beaches and centuries of history are all waiting to be discovered. From the boutique to the historic, here are the best hotels in Antalya – bookable on Culture Trip.
Antalya is the biggest Mediterranean getaway in Turkey, but it}s not all resorts and all-inclusive hotels (although there are lots of those, too). Choose from secluded guesthouses hidden within the historical old town, modern beachfront hotels offering private pools, and a sociable budget-friendly hostel complete with its own beer garden.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A luxury boutique hotel in the centre of ancient Kaleici (old town), this is one for the comfort-loving sightseer. Delight Deluxe Boutique Hotel is just a short walk from Hadrian’s Gate, the most famous Roman-era landmark in Antalya, which dates back to 130CE. You can walk the 40 steps down to the old town harbour before enjoying the city beach; when you finally get back to the hotel, there’s a swimming pool alongside a Thai-themed spa and the Bencil Restaurant.
Elegance East Hotel is one for travellers who revel in a little architectural splendour. In a traditional Antalayan building in the midst of the historic Kaleici neighbourhood, this boutique hotel only offers 25 rooms set around an open courtyard. Take an early-morning dip in the outdoor swimming pool before enjoying the buffet breakfast and local dishes throughout the day around the poolside restaurant.
The Tuvana Hotel in Kaleici embodies an ancient Hittite concept (known as Tuvana), which celebrates the harmonious coming together of people from different backgrounds. As a guest here, you will get a hospitable Turkish greeting. This boutique hotel in Antalya is found within a restored Ottoman-era mansion, complete with traditional whitewashed walls and a not-so-traditional (but very welcome) outdoor swimming pool. There’s a pizzeria, mixology lessons and a fine-dining restaurant, plus a Latin-Mediterranean fusion bistro where you’ll be enticed by grilled fare.
For travellers looking to unwind away from the city centre, the Golden Orange Hotel has the perfect location overlooking Konyaalti Beach. Rooms are compact, but offer balconies with sea views or garden views. You can be on the beach enjoying the Mediterranean Sea in minutes or take it easy on the sun loungers around the swimming pool.
If you’re a fan of Ottoman-era architecture, then you’d do well to book into the White Garden Hotel. This boutique hotel in Antalya was formerly an Ottoman mansion, lovingly restored to its former glory in 2016. This hotel is in the historic Kaleici district and features a rooftop terrace, boasting sea and mountain views. Sip a glass of red under the bougainvillaea or dive into the courtyard swimming pool.
The Marmara Antalya is one of the most unique hotels in Turkey. This five-star, luxury accommodation boasts 360-degree views of Antalya, as it is the only revolving hotel in the world. Book out a revolving loft room, complete with wide, open windows and continually changing views of the Mediterranean and the Taurus Mountains. If that’s not enough, enjoy the view with cocktails at the Revolving Lounge, or take a break from the endless spinning at the stationary clifftop Beach Bar.
Drawing on the mixed heritage left behind by Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman civilizations, La Paloma Hotel is in a boutique mansion, formerly the residence of the priest of nearby St Paul’s Church. Today the traditional architecture is contrasted by the addition of a modern, outdoor swimming pool (surrounded by orange trees) and al fresco dining options during the summer.
In Antalya, you can stay in a hostel that has its own beer garden. At night, the walled garden comes alive with music, cold beers and a snack menu. Rooms are clean and simple – choose from a dormitory bunk bed or private room all to yourself.
For a unique stay in Turkey, check out our guide to treehouses and cabins in turkey for a magical experience, as well as the best boutique hotels in Antalya, bookable with Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.