Like all Dutch cities, Eindhoven is where you’ll find licensed coffee shops that can legally distribute weed, hashish and cannabis-infused edibles in small quantities to eat or smoke in, or to take away. Here is our selection of the best.
The idea of getting high in a Dutch coffee shop enjoys legendary status among smokers from countries where drug laws may be more rigidly observed. There are around a dozen places in Eindhoven, most of them outside the city centre, but all are worth visiting for their laid-back ambience and strain selections. As the name suggests, you can order coffee here, but premises are not allowed to sell alcoholic drinks or any other drugs. Tobacco has also been banned in coffee shops since April 2020, except in separate specially designated rooms.
Did you know you can now travel with Culture Trip? Book now and join one of our premium small-group tours to discover the world like never before.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Unlike most coffee shops across the Netherlands, Meetpoint opens its doors at 9am, which means smokers can drop in here to hang out early or pick up supplies before starting their day. There is funky modern art on the interior walls, mirrored ceilings and discreet but cool music playing in the background. The friendly, welcoming establishment also stocks many potent strains of cannabis, including White Widow. There is good coffee among the drinks on offer, and a selection of board games for passing the time.
This down-to-earth coffee shop is just a minute on foot from PSV Eindhoven’s world-renowned Philips football stadium, which makes it one of the best spots in the city to pick up some cannabis before or after a game. It’s also predictably popular at those times, so expect long queues to form. The interior décor is basic, although a film poster on one wall makes a cheeky nod to the classic movie that shares this place’s name. There’s always a decent selection of strains available, even as pre-rolled joints, and a separate smoking room where tobacco is allowed.
Coffeeshop Cool is a small suburban shop, north of the city centre in Woensel, selling several varieties of cannabis with a friendly and welcoming vibe. While the range is not that large compared to other spots, the quality is generally good and the prices decent. Vinyl bench seating down one wall and the skyscraper mural behind give the smoking area the cosy feel of an American diner, without the food.
The Wall opened its doors in 1991 and has been selling cannabis to a loyal clientele ever since. The rather drab façade offers few clues as to what lies within. There’s a pool table, but what makes this place special is that the whole bar is decked out in psychedelic decor. The theme borrows a great deal of its funky styling from the Pink Floyd album that inspired its name. If nothing else, the rear mural mimicking the sleeve design will remove any doubt.
De Highlander is a cannabis dispensary that sits on the corner of a quiet residential street in the eastern suburb of Tongelre. It’s a politely discreet affair, with a plain exterior and only a small sign announcing its presence. Nevertheless, the quality of the goods on offer is highly rated, and the prices are pretty reasonable. However, It only sells takeaway weed for home consumption as it doesn’t have an indoor smoking room.
Euro-Garden is a popular place that sells a wide variety of high-quality strains at affordable prices. This street-corner coffee shop, just south of the city centre in Stratum, is still within walking distance from many of the city’s biggest attractions, including the Van Abbemuseum, a gallery that houses one of the Netherlands’ finest collections of modern art. The distractions on offer in Euro-Garden’s bright, modern, tiled-floor interior smoking room include table football, and the coffee is good here, too.
This popular coffee shop, 2km to the south of central Eindhoven in Stratum, looks discreet from the outside, and the only clue about the shop’s wares is its less-than-cryptic name, but it’s renowned for stocking a varied selection of high-quality strains, including Sour Diesel. The furnishings here are simple, but there is a pinball machine, as well as a pool table and a classic arcade-style video game. High Times also sells cannabis-laced space cookies.
Indian Coffeeshop’s smoking room is equipped with five TV screens as well as a pool table, making it a perfect spot for a lazy afternoon session. It sells several popular strains, including Silver Haze and Northern Lights. It’s a short way out of the centre to the southeast, in a line of local shops near the city’s ring road. It gets very busy at weekends and there may be a queue, but the service remains brisk and friendly at all times.
New Wave has a bar area at the front for coffee, and a spacious smoking area at the rear decked-out with comfy bench seating. The latter also features several large-screen TVs, as well as a pool table and table football. The coffeeshop is quite central and located close to Stratumseind, famous as the home of more than 30 pubs and often called ‘the longest bar in the Netherlands’. It’s also handily placed just around the corner from the Van Abbemuseum contemporary art gallery.
Pink sells everything commonly associated with the Dutch cannabis industry, including particularly potent space cookies. The smoking room is dominated by a brightly coloured nature-themed mural on one wall. It’s well known for its welcoming ambience, fast service and excellent strains. Another big selling point is that it’s the closest coffee shop to Eindhoven’s central railway station, making it a popular first port of call for new arrivals in town. Long queues can form outside at busy times.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.