Sole Searching for the Perfect "Selfeet"
Courtesy of Melanie Reichman
What do you get when you mix wanderlust and a shoe fetish
? It’s trending hard on Instagram, and it’s called a “selfeet.” This new type of self-portrait gives you a chance to show off fabulous footwear paired with the most intriguing floors you come upon during your travels.
“When feet meet nice floors, take a selfeet.” Such is the motto of the Instagram account and hashtag, #ihavethisthingwithfloors, launched by Pien van Wijmen, Joshua Jansen, and Edith Beurskens in Amsterdam.
The following “selfeets” reflect not only sartorial prowess, but skill in finding eye-catching and inspirational places to, well, walk all over. From Cabarita Beach in New South Wales, to Yorba Linda in Southern California, these stunning floors and feet, (well, shoes) culled from Instagram will inspire your fashion sense and next trip.
1. San Francisco, Superga Gingham Sneaker
2. Portland, Soludos Avocado Slip On Sneakers
3. Boston, Vegetarian Shoes Wingtips
4. Toronto, Tory Burch Ballet Flats
5. Singapore, The World At Your Feet Sandals
6. Cabarita Beach, Alexander Wang Black Leather Sandals
7. Kentucky, Anthropologie Slide Sandals
8. Philadelphia, Net-A-Porter Flats
9. San Antonio, Metallic Birkenstocks
10. London, Charlie Stone Shoes
11. Singapore, ModCloth Sandals
12. Yorba Linda, Converse All Star Sneakers