Home to some of the world’s most iconic 20th-century artworks and architectural landmarks, Barcelona is an art lover’s dream. With so many fantastic sights on offer, Catalonia’s capital welcomes millions of visitors each and every year, all eager to explore this seaside city. That doesn’t mean, however, you have to follow the herd. These handpicked tours and experiences will take you away from the bustling crowds and allow you to experience Barcelona in a whole new light.
Facing the Mediterranean Sea, and sitting on the coast of the Iberian Peninsula, Barcelona is a buzzing, dynamic city, steeped in history. To delve under the skin of the Catalan capital and away from the crowds, why not experience it from a completely new perspective? Master how to prepare tapas in Barcelona’s Born neighbourhood or soak up the culture while running through the city’s lively streets. These specially selected tours will allow you to discover a completely new side to Barcelona.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Set on Montjuïc Mountain and with excellent transport links to the centre of Barcelona, Poble Espanyol is the only place in the city that allows you to discover the soul of Spain. Take a pleasant, peaceful stroll through its streets and squares, admire its buildings and contemporary art collection, watch the craftsmen as they give shape to their works and don’t miss the brand-new multimedia installations to get to know the Spanish culture and traditions. Explore the entire soul of a country.
Visit a Modernist-style tapas bar in the heart of Barcelona’s Eixample neighbourhood, and then finish the night in an emblematic flamenco bar in the heart of the Gothic Quarter in famous Plaça Reial. This exciting three-hour evening experience includes a stroll around Eixample to sample authentic Catalan tapas such as pa amb tomàquet, and a visit to a ham delicatessen in Born. Finish your evening with a 45-minute authentic flamenco show featuring some of the genre’s newest rising stars. Sip sangria and dine on gourmet tapas as dancers perform their fiery Spanish flamenco moves to traditional Spanish music! Numbers are limited to 20 on this small group tour, ensuring you’ll enjoy personalised attention from your guide.
Ready to taste the unique flavors of Barcelona? Get the most amazing food treats in the city and discover the local lifestyle during this three-hour private food tour. Ten delicious tastings included!
This is the best way to discover the most iconic buildings and secret corners of Barcelona. On this 10km run, we’ll see the Sagrada Familia and other Gaudí buildings, the best beaches of the city and the Gothic Quarter, where I live. I have a lot of curiosities and cultural explanations about each place that we’ll visit. And I’m quite flexible about where we can start and the best departing hour. Don’t hesitate to suggest the best option for you. I can modify the agenda suggested.
Discover the jewel in Catalonia’s crown before the crowds arrive on this morning access to Monserrat. On this tour, you will visit the Santa Maria of Montserrat Abbey with your guide. Admire the abbey’s impressive Gothic and Renaissance architecture, and gain insight into the role it plays in Catalonia’s rich culture.
Discover Barcelona’s enchanting Gothic Quarter in a two-in-one food and history tour that combines delicious tastes at three tapas bars with an exploration of many of the city’s most emblematic squares and sites. Kick off your evening at a local, family-run bodega for a light aperitif before heading to a walking tour of the oldest and most historic area of Barcelona. Finish your evening at two distinct tapas bars – a rustic tavern and a modern tapas bar – and feast on local delicacies like fresh-from-the-sea fish lightly fried in olive oil while devouring Catalan wine. All food and drinks included.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.