Ibiza is one of Spain’s Balearic Islands, which include the main islands of Mallorca, Menorca and Formentera. It lies approximately 186 kilometers off the coast of Valencia and can be reached by many international flights, or by ferry from the mainland. Read our list of top picks for things to do and see on the island, from partying to laid-back beaches.
Go Clubbing in Sant Antoni
Ibiza is of course known for its lively nightlife and party scene, and is home to some of the most famous night clubs in the world. The city of Sant Antoni de Portmany is the island’s second largest and sits on its west coast. Some of the more renowned clubs here include Amnesia, Es Paradis, Ocean Beach and Eden Ibiza. Make sure to take a walk down the celebrated Sunset Strip, dotted with bars along the waterfront.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Ibiza may not seem like a classic diving destination, however its waters are actually home to a wide variety of marine life. Qualified divers and those who want to learn should head to the Scuba Ibiza Diving Centre in Marina Botafoch in Ibiza Town’s harbor.
Hit the Beach
Ibiza may be the party island, but it’s also home to many paradisiacal beaches and idyllic coves. To party with the celebrities, head to the white crescent of glitzy Las Salinas in Playa d’en Bossa, located on the south of the island. Backed by pine forests, it’s filled with the sounds of DJ beats. If you’re looking for something more relaxed and family friendly, try Cala Jondal in San José, a mix of sand and pebbles with beautifully clear waters. And if it’s views you’re after, make your way to Cala d’Hort near Cala Vadella, offering spectacular views of Es Vedrà rock.
Walk Along the Ramparts of Dalt Vila
Dalt Vila, also known as Ibiza Town, is one Ibiza’s most picturesque cities, which is home to an old port and historic city ramparts, which were built in the 16th century to keep out the Turks. The fortified Upper Town (Alta Vila) is a leading example of Renaissance military architecture and has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Island-Hop To Formentera
Ibiza’s little sister is a world apart from the packed resorts and party towns, and it lies just six kilometers away. Home to Caribbean-style beaches, small coves and inlets, and charming villages, it’s definitely worth exploring, even if just for the day.
Party With the Hippies at Benirrás Beach
Ibiza doesn’t only enjoy a reputation as a party island, but also as a laid-back, hippie island. If you want to experience the real hippie side of it, head to Benirrás Beach, located near Port de San Miguel, on a Sunday night for the famous sunset drumming party.
Admire the Famous Rock Formation of Es Vedrà
Visit the area of Cala d’Hort and you’ll see the celebrated Es Vedrà rock formation rising dramatically from the sea. Part of a protected nature reserve, it measures around 400 meters in height and makes for quite a sight.
Go Shopping at the Punta Arabí Market in Es Caná
On the east coast of the island, just outside the town of Es Caná, you’ll find one of Ibiza’s biggest and best hippie markets – Punta Arabí. You’ll find everything here, from beaded jewellery to tie-dye clothes, handbags and small trinkets.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.