It’s no surprise Mallorca has become the spa destination of choice for weary travellers heading to the Balearic Islands in need of rejuvenation. Remote mountain hideaways, tranquil beach hotels and elegant city pads all include world-class spas, where guests can soothe stressed bodies and minds, plus enjoy fine-dining restaurants, relaxing pool days and idyllic Mallorcan views. Here are our favourite spots for winding down and enjoying precious me-time, bookable on Culture Trip.
There’s no chance of ruining your blissed-out vibes with toddlers screaming by the pool at this adults-only boutique hotel in Palma’s historic La Calatrava district. Close to the capital’s shops, restaurants and galleries, it’s ideal for anyone who wants to mix pampering with a city break. A full thermal circuit, Palma’s longest infinity pool and Natura Bissé treatments are just a short stagger from 33 chic bedrooms.
It’s no surprise this hotel, close to Playa de Muro, attracts athletes hoping to maintain their fitness even on holiday. The property next to the S’Albufera Natural Park has a semi-Olympic swimming pool with marked lanes, triathlete training facilities, bike rental, a sports court, yoga lessons and a top-notch, 24-hour gym. The hotel’s modern spa even has sports specialists on hand for well-deserved massages afterwards.
It’s not hard to switch off at this hotel overlooking the Port de Sóller Bay and the Tramuntana Mountains. There’s a flower-filled garden, yoga classes, rooms that come with hammocks, beach bags and an island tour book, free loaner bikes and an outdoor fitness centre. Spain’s only Santaverde hotel spa is tucked away in the grounds, too, offering organic skin care using pure aloe vera.
Expect all-round luxe at the five-star Carossa Hotel, close to Artà in northeast Mallorca. Surrounded by the hotel’s 800-acre (325ha) estate, the spa is a destination in its own right with a 20m (65ft) infinity pool overlooking the ancient fortress of Artà, a bio-sauna and Finnish sauna, an airy indoor pool and an extensive treatment menu, including medical skincare and massages using natural olive oils, local herbs and citrus extracts.
At Es Racó d’Artà, a wellness getaway doesn’t mean booking a massage and taking the odd sauna. The focus at this minimalist retreat on a country estate near Artà is really on switching off from modern life, and restoring both your brain and body. The holistic spa offers meditation guidance and organic treatments, while workshops and activities encourage guests to immerse themselves in handicrafts or cooking to achieve that elusive mindful state.
Couples yearning for some R&R together will love this dreamy boutique property located in an 18th-century manor house in Artà. An adults-only hotel, this beautiful bolthole has just 12 rooms to guarantee personal service, while poolside Balinese beds, a private wine cellar and a chill-out terrace encourage lazy days. Keep things intimate with a private treatment at the hotel’s small hammam where you’ll emerge feeling like new.
Once a 12th-century monastery, this five-star hotel at the foot of the Tramuntana Mountains near Pollença is the perfect place to get away from it all. Free morning yoga sessions set hotel guests up for a day lounging in the spa with sweeping views of the Mallorcan countryside, a thermal circuit and couples’ treatment room for massages that come with cava and strawberries. Fancy even more alone time? Choose a villa suite with two bedrooms, private pool and garden.
Don’t want to decide between beach, spa and city life? Enjoy it all at this five-star hotel overlooking the sands of Playa de Palma, with bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. The spa itself is a vast 1,300sqm (14,000sqft) with a hydro wellness circuit, underwater bubble bed and free fitness classes throughout the day. Treatments include everything from sun repair body wraps to therapies using marine gold.
One of the island’s most luxurious hotels, there’s pampering at every turn at this grandiose private estate close to Es Capdellà. Think 41 plush rooms and suites, many with their own garden or private pool, two gourmet restaurants and a cocktail bar you’ll never want to leave.The Bellesa de Claret Spa is a treat, too, with its traditional hammam, salt pool and personalised treatments using ingredients grown in the hotel’s own garden.
For more options, discover our guide to the best adult-only hotels in Mallorca and book now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This is an updated version of an article originally by Leon Beckenham.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.