Most visitors to Granada will be more concerned with exploring its history and visiting the mighty Alhambra palace than getting in some spa pampering. However, you’ll certainly appreciate a hot soak or soothing massage after a day on your feet exploring the Spanish city’s charming medieval lanes and Moorish architecture. If you do fancy mixing me-time with your sightseeing, we’ve picked out the hotels with the best wellness facilities – all bookable with Culture Trip.
Once the residence of a wealthy sugar magnate, this beautiful 19th-century mansion is one of Granada’s most impressive – both inside and out. Facilities are suitably upscale as well, and nowhere more so than its wellness area. The Bodyna Spa is an exclusive relaxation zone, centred around a heated therapy pool with massage jets. You can sweat it out in the Turkish bath and dry sauna, too, before indulging in any of a long list of treatments using only quality organic products.
With a fabulous rooftop pool, swish contemporary interiors and a smart tapas bar, the Hotel Catalonia Granada has plenty going for it – and that’s before we’ve even mentioned the spa. This calming space is complete with jetted pool and pressure showers, a hammam and sauna, and cabins where you can relax in the safe hands of their expert massage therapist. Bear in mind there is a charge for entry unless you’ve booked a treatment.
Despite its city-centre location, Villa Oniria is a world of calm. A tranquil garden with aromatic flora and a tinkling fountain set the mood at this restored 19th-century property, before heading to the hotel’s deluxe spa. Here, you’ll find everything from heated current pool to chromotherapy sauna, thermal loungers and bubbling jacuzzi. Why not book yourself in for a soothing body treatment to fully unwind?
A shimmering mirrored facade sets the tone for this super-swish, 21st-century hotel, complete with chic design-led interiors. This extends to their atmospheric Kintsugi Spa, with its sleek black tiling and twinkling constellation lights. The bijou subterranean wellness zone is free to enter, though you should book in advance if you fancy a massage. There’s a heated pool with swan-neck jets, a steam room if you fancy a detox and cushioned loungers if you just want to chill out in comfort.
This grand five-star hotel, set on a leafy lane at the foot of the Alhambra mount, is inspired by the eponymous American writer, Washington Irving. You’ll find his quotes dotted around sophisticated interiors, as well as an excellent library with first editions of his Tales of the Alhambra. Kick back with one of his books after indulging in a massage, using only the finest products. There’s also a sauna and an outdoor pool if you’d rather cool off in the Spanish sunshine.
With its leafy residential setting, ivy-cascade balconies and a laid-back pool garden, you’ll relax as soon as you arrive at Los Ángeles Hotel. It’s an exquisite building, with original art nouveau features and a modern airy update. Dial up the tranquility with a trip to their dreamy Narcissus Spa, complete with water circuit, ice fountain, hammam and menu of pampering. Opt for a wrap treatment, which can involve mud, marine algae, honey or even chocolate.
This upscale chain hotel, right on the edge of town, has a resort vibe thanks to an impressive collection of facilities. It boasts a serious spa offering, with over 40 body and cosmetic treatments available. Swathes of shimmering mosaic set the mood as you soak in a thermal pool, sweat it out in the sauna or steam room, and cool off in the rainfall shower. If you fancy a swim, indoor and outdoor pools mean you can take a dip – come rain or shine.
This hip urban hotel offers the best of both worlds – a super-central location and seriously impressive wellness options. The boutique spa area has a feel of an Arabian palace, together with a big jacuzzi tub, sauna and treatments that includes everything from facials to full-body massages with gold wrap. You can also arrange three- or seven-day programmes catered to your health goals. Huge soaking tubs are also installed in the suites, plus there’s a rooftop plunge pool with a top cityscape panorama.
This out-of-town hotel, at the foot of the mountainous Dehesa del Generalife parkland, enjoys proximity to some of the area’s finest outdoor space. When you’ve spent a day exploring the nearby trails and peaks, return to soak tired limbs and unwind in the hotel’s excellent spa. Styled like traditional Arab baths, you can enjoy various hot and cold pools and steam rooms, as well as a variety of water-based body treatments. If you’re feeling adventurous, there’s the bubble bath with wine or milk.
Occupying an early-20th-century building that combines colourful tiling, traditional brickwork and geometric motifs, this central hotel reflects the Moorish flavour of the surrounding city. Its spa also has the feeling of classic Arab baths, complete with hammam, Finnish sauna and thermal pool with aquajets. Book ahead for a wide range of massages with essential oils and other body treatments. Spa entry is not included, but worth it as you can get the place all to yourself.
Extend your Granada stay with the best boutique hotels in Granada, bookable now through Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.