With its palms and palaces, Andalucia’s most atmospheric city is a dream for children – and they’ll sleep deeply if you book a pad with Culture Trip. Here are our favourite family-friendly options in Seville.
Warmed by the southern Spanish sun, laid-back Seville has plenty to entice families. Swaying salsa dancers; buzzing markets; the atmospheric old Alcázar with gardens of orange trees. There’s plenty to fire up young imaginations between dips in the pool and naps under shady umbrellas. Parents can sip copitas of sherry and enjoy tapas feasts: slivers of jamón, creamy croquettes, plump olives. And at the end of a busy day, you can retire to an atmospheric hotel, bursting with Moorish charm or trendy style. Here are the best family-friendly hotels in Seville, Spain.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Minutes’ walk from the Royal Alcázar – a former royal palace rich in elaborate carvings, tranquil gardens and soaring arches – Hotel Casa 1800 has an old-world romance about it. Admire the tiered courtyard, twinkling chandeliers and gilded mirrors. Beyond all the elegance, it’s still family-friendly: a rooftop pool, heated by the sun, is the perfect place for your kids to cool off, and you can breakfast until 11am. Tons of free snacks make it easy to work around picky eaters.
If one thing is guaranteed to get children’s attention at Eurostars Sevilla Boutique, it’s the pool: a glimmering turquoise slab splayed by rays, with views towards the undulating rooftops of the city and the cathedral’s Giralda bell tower. The rooms, set in a 16th-century palace, impress equally, with their floor-to-ceiling windows and dashes of plummy purple. Once your little ones are asleep, head up to the rooftop bar for a balmy nightcap – make it a nutty fino sherry.
Crowned by Seville’s city hall, Plaza Nueva is a rambling strip lined with shade-giving trees. It’s a must-see square, perfect for kids who want to stretch their legs. And you’re right around the corner when you check into this boutique hotel, home to just 11 rooms in an old mansion. The sophisticated decor and swish restaurant (not to mention the excellent cocktail bar) will please grown-ups who don’t want to compromise on cool. Meanwhile, staff will make sure tykes don’t want for anything.
You couldn’t be any closer to Seville’s famed Alcázar: this hotel bumps right up against the monument’s rambling gardens, and its breakfast area and reception even contain some of the structure’s original walls dating to the 13th century. Book into one of the suites, resplendent with marble bathrooms and chic contemporary furniture, and you’ll not only get room to spread out – you’ll have your own private terrace, backing right onto the greenery of the Alcázar’s garden.
When you’ve got kids in tow, sometimes it can be easier to eat dinner in the hotel. And this spot in the Huerta de Santa Teresa neighbourhood dishes up plenty of choice: an all-day restaurant serves international flavours, while an outdoor terrace offers Sevillian classics and two bars (one by the excellent pool). Family rooms sleeping four are modern and slick, in steely whites and greys, and come with thoughtful touches like chocolates and biscuits at bedtime.
This stay, in Seville’s Santa Cruz district, strikes the perfect balance between elegant and homely. There’s a clean contemporary colour scheme to the rooms, yet the warm service makes you instantly relax as you sink into the lounge sofas. Book into one of the apartments – the finest has its own private terrace – and you can save cash by self-catering or doing your own laundry. Aim to spend as much time as possible by the rooftop pool: overlooking the cathedral, it’s open until 9pm.
The bones are very much historical Seville: an old posada (inn) dating back to the 16th century. Expect beamed ceilings, a soaring internal courtyard and decorative archways. By contrast, the decor thrusts you into the 21st century, with mid-century modern furniture, crisp white walls and colourful throws. Book yourself into a spacious quadruple room, the perfect base for visits to the on-site terrace pool – or for exploring the local shops and restaurants.
For more great accommodation options in Seville, see where to stay in the city for a local experience and the best boutique hotels around; they’re bookable now via Culture Trip. Fill your daytime itinerary by frolicking on the best beaches in and around Seville and seeing the most gorgeous gardens, then enjoy the best street food in town.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.