Although Spain is often associated with the excellent red wine and the beloved gin and tonic, there has also been a growing popularity for craft cocktails. The most popular cocktail on the scene in Seville that stands out at almost every cocktail bar you’ll see is the mojito, made with rum, gin or any number of creative ingredients. The coolest cocktail bars in Seville offer this and more, here are our favorites.
The Second Room
The Second Room is a tapas and cocktail bar in the Santa Cruz neighborhood praised for its creative interpretations of traditional Spanish dishes as well as its mojitos and capirinhas, which are said to be the best in Seville. The space is inviting, with varied and provocative décor that will both ease the energy of the long day and revive it as you move into the night. Go to the Second Room for the perfect spot to enjoy cocktails after lunch, and be sure to partake in their mojito happy hour for an afternoon of drinking in good company and to get a true sense of the Spanish tradition of ‘sobremesa.’
The Second Room, Calle de Placentines 19, 41004 Seville, Spain , +34 603 62 87 59
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A bar located in one of the few modern buildings of the city, Le XIX is a gastropub with a chic atmosphere. The exposed brick walls are illuminated by hanging light bulbs with a bright stage light that reads ‘Le XIX mounted at its center.’ The service is incredible and ensures a good time, with bartenders in white button downs, fedoras and flat caps serving a long list of house made and invented cocktails, all of which are displayed on a watercolor menu mounted upon typewriters at the bar. Extravagant and complex, their slogan reads: ‘Love of coffee, passion for cocktails and a weakness for doing things well…just come, it is no secret.’
Le XIX, Calle Tomás de Ibarra, 9, Seville, Spain +34 954 22 26 98
Doña Maria Bar 17
Located within the Doña Maria Hotel, Bar 17 is a cocktail bar that shares the floor with the hotel’s beautifully lit terrace overlooking the majestic and towering Cathedral of Seville’s historic city center. This quiet and cultured atmosphere is known for its delectable gin and tonics, as well as the mesmerizing vertical garden that embellishes one of its walls. If that’s not enough, come on Fridays for live music and a fabulous time, with an ambiance of playful energy.
Doña Maria Bar 17, Calle Don Remondo, 19, 41004 Sevilla, Spain, +34 954 22 49 90
Eme Terraza, a bar located on the fourth floor terrace of the Hotel Eme, is the perfect spot to watch the sun set on any day. Enjoy outstanding food and service while drinking one of their much-loved mojitos among friends as you spend the afternoon under the sun. Although the prices are on the higher end, many agree that you pay for a view of the Giralda and Cathedral, illuminated wondrously at night that will never disappoint.
Eme Terraza, Calle Alemanes, 27, on the 4th floor of the Hotel EME, +34 954 56 00 00
Boston Cocktail Bar
Boston Cocktail Bar is a former school for bartenders specializing in cocktails, located in a three story building in Plaza San Francisco with a façade covered entirely with windows. The chic and clean black and white interior and classy bartenders with suspenders and bow ties make for a sophisticated evening, similar to a New York or Boston cocktail lounge. There is nothing like an evening on the balcony beautifully overlooking Plaza San Francisco, with a specialized (and often bartender recommended) cocktail at Boston Cocktail Bar.
Boston Cocktail Bar, Plaza de San Francisco, 8, 41004 Seville, Spain +34 607 69 93 34
An absolute star in the realm of gin and jazz, Bar Americano is an elegant and inspiring cocktail bar located in Hotel Alfonso XII. The ten-meter long bar and 50 page list of cocktails and spirits, with their respective overtones detailed, are perfect for anything from an intimate date or meeting or a long and well-deserved drink after work. A well known Friday jazz spot, Bar American’s art deco style and stimulating ambiance along with its exceptional cocktails will ensure a night to remember.
Calle San Fernando, 2, 41004 Sevilla, Spain, +34 954 91 70 99
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.