Whether you’re a family looking for kid-friendly activities and all-inclusive meals, or a beach lover in search of golden sands and turquoise sea, Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands is heaven. Take a look at our pick of the best resorts in Fuerteventura, the second-largest island in the Canary chain – all bookable on Culture Trip.
Diving, boating and water-sports excursions are never hard to find in the Spanish island’s laid-back beach towns – and when you’re ready for a break from the beach, there are golf courses, nature preserves, caldera trails and vineyard tours.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Three Iberostars command this end of Playa de Jandia, with the adult-only Palace taking the prize as the most upscale and polished. Nearly all of the airy 442 suites offer out-of-this-world views of the beach, as well as perks like pillow menus, Smart TVs and turndown service. Common areas are equally upmarket, with four pools (and a thatch-roofed pool bar), wine cellar and hydrotherapy spa, alongside yoga on the beach and sangria workshops. High-quality meats, seafood, pizza, pasta and salads are always fresh in the main restaurant; alternatively, dine at the on-site Japanese restaurant.
The Sheraton is a big, buzzing beach resort that appeals primarily to families and golfers. It’s parked between the year-round Fuerteventura Golf Club and Golf Club Salinas de Antigua (both with 18 holes and sea views) and Caleta de Fuste, a protected arch of golden-sand beach that’s perfect for little swimmers. Heated pools, tennis, a kids’ club, a thermal spa, an 18-hole mini-golf course overlooking the beach and a games room with billiards and table tennis are just a few of the resort attractions.
Large resorts are a dime a dozen in Corralejo, but the classic Gran Hotel Bahía Real stands out for its excellent spot on a quiet beach and ample offerings. Six à la carte and rotating-theme buffet restaurants ensure that meals never get repetitive. Free loungers with built-in windshields can be found on the beach, by the pools and in the adult-only terrace above Gran Hotel’s enormous spa (which features an amoeba-shaped pool, flooded with natural light).
Bahiazul Villas & Club is one of the most adored hotels in all of the Canaries. Set in the remote outskirts of Corralejo, the peaceful property is equidistant to town attractions, arid lava fields, and awesome sand-dune beaches. The snowy-white, three-bedroom/four-bathroom villas look worthy of an Aegean Sea getaway. All have open kitchens (with washing machines and dishwashers), private aquamarine pools (there is no communal pool on-site), whirlpools and private rooftop terraces for reading, barbecuing and enjoying cocktails. A highly praised breakfast is included in all rates, and a half-board plan package is available.
The “Castillo” portion of this Barceló’s name refers to the centuries-old castle turret that’s on-site, located next to one of the hotel’s three saltwater pools. Other big selling points at this kid-friendly resort include tonnes of activities for children of all ages (from a kids’ club to mini-golf) and a theatre with live shows. Adults will appreciate the spa/fitness centre with a Turkish bath and Tai Chi classes, alongside 10 total restaurants, buffets and bars. Rate options include self-catering, half-board and all-inclusive.
Formerly Tui Sensimar Royal Palm, this sprawling resort has a primo perch overlooking wide, sandy Playa de Butihondo. The scene here is mellower than you’d think based on the resort’s size – this isn’t the place for upbeat music by the pool or nightly shows. Instead, it’s more about relaxing in the 20,000sqft (1,860sqm) spa, swimming in the pool (especially the heated one on the lower level), claiming a Balinese bed on the rocky precipice or walking along the beach toward the lighthouse. Scheduled activities skew low-key, too: cooking classes, Nordic walking, stargazing and yoga are typical offerings.
The adult-only Barceló Corralejo Bay may have a corporate façade, but once inside, it’s a long way from the one-size-fits-all experience you might expect. The pool area is beautifully designed, with sunbeds nicely spaced out, and the wellness centre has it all in terms of hydrotherapy pools, steam rooms and saunas. Recently refreshed rooms have sleek, contemporary decor and terraces or balconies.
Haven’t found your ideal stay in the Canary Islands yet? Book one of the best resorts in Tenerife now, via Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.