Once a small fishing village, Cascais’ idyllic scenery soon attracted the attention of European nobility. Today, this popular resort town receives visitors from all over the world, who come to enjoy the plethora of beaches, restaurants and activities like sailing or surfing. Well-placed accommodation will be your perfect hub for exploring this area. Here are the top holiday apartments in Cascais – all bookable through Culture Trip.
Just 30 minutes by car from Lisbon, this resort has you covered in terms of proximity to one of the most famous beaches in the area (Guincho Beach) and one of the finest golf courses in Portugal (Oitavos Dunes). If you have some time left, try the wellness & beauty spa, followed by the two outdoor swimming pools overlooking landscaped gardens. Finish off at the Glass Terrace restaurant for refreshments.
It’s all in the name. Apart from an excellent location in the mountains, you’re also well connected to a shopping centre, a train station and Cascais Beach. Airport transport and an elevator in the apartment complex make these digs easily accessible. What’s more, weekly housekeeping services leave you only to worry whether you should spend the day at the beach or sightseeing.
If you’re feeling luxe, this villa in Sintra has you covered. A 15-minute drive from Cascais, you can enjoy a private outdoor pool in the garden to cool off on hot days. If it gets a bit chilly at night, cosy up in front of the fireplace. When it comes to sightseeing, Sintra has a lot to offer, with the colourful and eclectic Pena National Palace as one of its main attractions.
This four-star accommodation is equipped with everything you need during your holidays. It’s also conveniently located near Cascais Beach and other interesting sights like the Cascais Cultural Centre, the municipal market or the Boca do Inferno, which translates to Mouth of Hell. The Boca do Inferno is a spectacle of nature, where you can witness the tremendous force of the waves crashing against the rocks that have formed over time.
Returning to your home from home after a long day of sightseeing or frolicking at the beach is priceless. Even better when it comes with a fully equipped kitchen, two bathrooms and a flat-screen TV. If you need to pick up fresh produce, pop over to the municipal market – a mere three-minute drive away – and pick up fresh ingredients for dinner.
With three popular beaches (Rainha, Conceicao and Ribeira Beach) less than 1.5km (0.9mi) away, walking proximity to the city centre of Cascais and nice views over the bay from the sixth floor, this apartment reflects the refined ambience of this seaside resort. Staying here, you can immerse yourself in the culture, nature and cuisine of Cascais, just 30 minutes outside of Lisbon.
This four-star accommodation is only a nine-minute walk from Tamariz Beach, a 15-minute walk from Estoril Casino and a three-minute drive from Estoril Golf Club, which should keep you out and about for quite a bit. If you do come back to your bed & breakfast at some point, you can relax by the outdoor pool, enjoy the lounge area and eat at the deli.
This four-star apartment has a garden equipped with a barbecue for cosy evenings spent with freshly grilled food and in great company. Alternatively, you could visit Estoril Casino, which is only seven minutes away on foot. Walking a few more minutes will bring you to Tamariz Beach, and, if you’re in a browsing mood, jump in the car, and explore the shopping centre Cascais Villa, a speedy four-minute drive away.
This three-star Cascais apartment offers you amenities like airport transport and free wifi, along with a fully equipped kitchen. The fireplace adds extra charm to this holiday home that will have you exploring the various beaches nearby. Stroll along the marina, or visit the municipal market to pick up fresh fruit and vegetables harvested from the local area.
Extend your Cascais holiday by staying in nearby Lisbon. Book one of the best hotels with pools in Lisbon now via Culture Trip, or browse hip apartments in the city that you’ll want to call home. Discover everything Lisbon has to offer from the comfort of your own living room; alternatively, book the best tours to fill up your daytime itinerary, then explore the local nightlife in the bars and clubs of Bairro Alto.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.