Located on the Oder River, Szczecin could be the most under-visited destination in Poland. This western border city – with its glorious riverfront and historic Pomeranian castles – is home to some excellent accommodation. From the internationally known Radisson Blu Hotel to the luxury apartments of Aparthotel Platinum, here are the best places to stay in Szczecin, all bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
If you’re looking for a central place to stay in Szczecin, then few other accommodation options are quite so conveniently located as Hotel Zamek Centrum. This four-star hotel is just a short walk from the river and from the Pomeranian Dukes’ Castle – a must-see when exploring Szczecin. Guests will love the convenience of the modern rooms, the fitness centre and the hearty Polish breakfast as much as they’re guaranteed to love the location of this place.
Travellers looking for comfort away from home can’t beat the luxurious apartments of Aparthotel Platinum. Offering an excellent range of studios and apartments – the best have private balconies overlooking Szczecin – Aparthotel Platinum is stylishly designed, yet the rooms are located within a traditional, multi-storey townhouse right in the centre of the city. You can start the day with a Polish breakfast served by the hotel and are encouraged to hire the Aparthotel Platinum’s bicycles to help you sightsee your way around.
With only 29 rooms and a single apartment to choose from, guests at Hotel Rycerski can rest assured that their stay will be an intimate one. Centrally located in Szczecin, Hotel Rycerski offers modern rooms in an old but painstakingly refurbished red brick industrial-style building. After a day on the river or a walk through Szczecin’s old town, you can relax in the hotel’s sauna before dining on Polish cuisine at Hotel Rycerski’s in-house restaurant.
Start the day at Hotel Focus Szczecin with a hearty plate from the 70-item breakfast buffet before heading out to explore the city’s Pomeranian castles and medieval sights. On your return to the three-star hotel, hit the gym if you have the energy, or just take some time out to unwind in the sauna. Those seeking a solid night’s sleep will be pleased to know that the spacious rooms come with blackout curtains.
Vulcan Hotel is one for the history buffs; this modern hotel is built on top of an old bomb shelter that formed part of a massive shipyard when Szczecin was part of Germany, rather than Poland. The hotel’s 110 comfortable rooms all include workstations and are equipped with the modern decor and furnishings of a three-star hotel. Many of the rooms have dockyard views or vistas over the Oder River, while the hotel’s restaurant serves up fresh Polish cuisine using seasonal, locally sourced produce.
Located within walking distance of Szczecin’s main train station and the city centre, the four-star Hotel Novotel Szczecin Centrum is a firm favourite amongst business travellers and savvy tourists. Each of the stylish yet minimalist rooms offers guests a workstation as well as all the other amenities you might expect from a top-of-the-range, international hotel chain. Organise business meetings at the Novotel’s Lounge Bar or book a table at the restaurant to enjoy a fusion of Polish and international cuisine.
Hotel Atrium succeeds in creating an open and welcoming atmosphere with its light and breezy decor. With just 30 rooms available at this four-star hotel in the centre of Szczecin, staff are always on hand to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible. For the foodies out there, Hotel Atrium’s restaurant serves up an extensive menu of Italian dishes such as spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino and creamy fettuccine, alongside other international specialties such as Atlantic cod and beef tenderloin.
Plenty is the hotel for gourmet foodies; this establishment’s restaurant serves up elaborate dishes such as crawfish in white wine sauce or lamb saddle with yoghurt, aubergine and onion with sumac. Surprisingly for such a food-focused hotel, Plenty offers modern apartments with fully equipped kitchens where you can also prepare home-cooked meals during your stay. The apartments and restaurant are located within a stylishly refurbished building in the centre of the old town.
Surrounded by the tall trees of Zeromski Park, Park Hotel is hidden away in the centre of Szczecin. This peaceful boutique escape is made all the more relaxing by the presence of an on-site spa centre, where you can dip into the indoor pool or enjoy the hydro-massage and sauna facilities. The Park Hotel’s restaurant changes its menu every season, relying on locally sourced, seasonal produce that’s turned into gourmet dishes using traditional Polish recipes.
Travellers looking for a little seasoned luxury can check into the Radisson Blu Hotel, Szczecin, where stylish rooms offer wonderful views of the city. Located in the Pazim business hub in the centre of Szczecin, the hotel serves up gourmet Mediterranean cuisine in the Renaissance Restaurant, whilst the two bars offer an extensive drinks list. Sip on a cold beer in the Lobby Bar, or head to the 11th floor, where Copernicus Bar serves up cocktails with one of the best panoramas in Szczecin.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.