The hip Warsaw neighbourhood of Praga offers a slew of boutique accommodation options guaranteed to catch the eye of discerning travellers, alongside the cool cafés and bars of Ząbkowska Street and the fascinating Neon Museum.
On the eastern bank of the Vistula River, Praga is a Warsaw district that is traditionally described as either trendy or gritty. Whichever your opinion, there’s no doubt that Praga’s appeal lies in its quirkiness. This isn’t the Old Town, but Praga is just as historic. Add in a neon museum, modern art installations and enough bars and clubs to keep you out night after night and you start to understand why the neighbourhood is home to Warsaw’s best hostels and design hotels. Here are the best places to stay in Praga, Warsaw – all bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Moxy Warsaw Praga is a flashy – and dare we say it – trendy hotel that’s located within a heavily refurbed 19th-century vodka distillery. Guests can stay in minimalist yet modern rooms, but the real highlight is the communal space with comfy couches, meeting areas and workstations. This is really one for the socialisers rather than the business-minded, though, especially when the hotel’s signature Moxy cocktails begin to flow in the evenings.
The plain, apartment block-style exterior of Sport Hostel hides a swish interior that comes complete with comfortable communal sofas for lounging and a fully equipped kitchen for cooking up your every craving. This is a small but cosy hostel, which means it’s guaranteed to be a great place to meet other like-minded travellers looking to explore Warsaw. Better yet, Sport Hostel is located just around the corner from the Neon Museum, Praga’s quirkiest tourist attraction.
Located in Nowa (New) Praga, Design LOFT 22 is a creative hostel that draws heavily on the district’s bohemian heritage. The furnishings and interior design of the dormitories are a throwback to the artists, writers and musicians of old. There are grand pianos, classic red brick walls and work desks fitted with mod-cons such as USB chargers and power sockets. Book this one early; rooms and dormitories fill up fast!
City Break Atelier Praga caters to comfort-seekers with plush serviced apartments that will quickly become your newfound home in Warsaw. Each apartment is fully equipped with dining, lounging and entertainment facilities, but that doesn’t mean you should get stuck inside. A short stroll away from the cafés and bars of Ząbkowska Street, the Neon Museum and Soho Factory are also nearby.
Hotel Hetman is a stylish and luxury option in the Praga district, just a few minutes’ walk from a bus stop, a tram stop and the metro station Dworzec Wileński. All rooms are equipped with a television, a kettle with tea and coffee and wifi. Bottled water, toiletries and a hair dryer are also included in the room cost. There is a ground-floor sports bar and a spacious reception area. Conference halls can be booked for business events in this trendy hotel, which also hosts wedding parties.
Situated just a few minutes’ walk from the metro station at Dworzec Wileński is the Hit Hotel. While the street name might be difficult to pronounce, it is not hard to find, it’s on Księdza Ignacego Kłopotowskiego and has an obvious sign outside. The hotel has 60 rooms, a fully functioning restaurant and a bar that shows live sports. Wifi works in the public areas and in all rooms. Children under the age of three stay for free.
Conveniently placed right next to the main tram stops in Praga, Cloud Hostel is one of the best hostels for travellers looking to sightsee in Warsaw. You can be over the Vistula and exploring the Old Town in just 10 minutes, whilst in the evenings you can drink the night away in Praga. Cloud Hostel has 10-bed dormitories for those looking to save money and socialise, as well as twin private rooms if you need extra privacy.
Apart Hostel is less a hostel and more a homely, boutique hotel. This is one for the creatives, with each of the nine rooms intimately designed in homage to the district’s bohemian history. With a distinctly modernist appeal throughout, Apart Hostel’s bistro serves up a large menu of classic Italian-style pizzas and pastas – the perfect meal after a long day of sightseeing in Warsaw!
Situated on the once industrial Stalowa Street in Praga, ARTHOTEL STALOWA 52 is far removed from its industrial past. Instead, this is one for the art lovers – a boutique hotel whose classic red brick walls reflect the area’s history as a hotbed of factories and townhouses. Yet, each of the 19 rooms has been individually designed with a stylish, modern approach. Guests can dine at ARTBISTRO STALOWA 52, where local art collides with classic Polish cuisine to create a truly bohemian experience in Praga.
Jonny Blair contributed additional reporting to this article.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.