The Sentrum district is the epicentre of Oslo city life, and these chic one-bedroom flats can accommodate up to four people. You’re within walking distance of some of the capital’s most popular attractions – such as the 13th-century Akershus Fortress and the Oslo Opera House. These contemporary flats are usefully split into two levels, with beds upstairs and the living area downstairs – letting some of your party rest while the others gab away.
While you might not equate Oslo with a beach holiday, the modern custom-built luxury flats at Wright Apartments – just south of Operahuset Oslo, the celebrated Opera House, are only a short distance from the Sørenga Sjøbad waterfront swimming area. Hovedøya Island, with sunbathing and swimming options, is also nearby. If you like natural light (these units were designed to soak it up) and a maritime setting, this is the spot for you.
The affordable 163 units at Forenom Aparthotel Oslo are not far from the trendy, gentrifying areas of Grünerløkka and Torshov in the traditionally working-class east of the city. Choose from fully-equipped premium suites with small kitchenette, or smart one- to three-bed flats. These apartments come with easy access to the central train station, plus plenty of eateries and shops nearby. If you’d like a veranda, opt for an upper-level apartment.
Chose from one-, two- or three-bed options at one of these state-of-the-art apartments, in the Operakvarteret area near the ultra-modern Barcode Project. The Bjørvika Apartments focus on glossy Nordic interior design, famed for its simple, clean lines – and these flats are all about modernity and smart decor. Plus each comes with a private balcony.
Majorstuen is one of Oslo’s more upscale neighbourhoods, near Frogner and Vigeland Park, home to early 20th-century works by Norway’s most famous scupltor, Gustav Vigeland. If West Oslo’s Nordic dining options and upscale surrounds appeal, Saga Apartments Oslo, with 50 modern renovated flats, is a great choice. Couples can book a smaller studio apartment, or opt for the Grand Master Family Apartment, which sleeps five without a hitch.
Josefines Gate 30, a former hospital, built in 1916, and converted into 53 studios and one- and two-bed apartments, offers the ideal base in Oslo West for solo travellers or small families planning on an extended stay. They come with all the essential amenities and the designers have added modern décor that doesn’t detract from the original style. This classy establishment is within walking distance of the rest of Oslo, but trams are nearby if your feet need a rest.
With brilliant rooms and suites – some with a kitchen and separate bedrooms – this building offers well-equipped living spaces close to the centre. Just south of Tøyen Park (perfect for a long stroll), the Norwegian Hotels and Apartments come with complimentary tea and coffee and optional breakfasts. Large colourful prints adorn the walls to liven up the rooms. If you’ve had enough Norwegian cuisine, Tava restaurant serves tapas, pizza and Mexican dishes.
Anyone who adores modernity will appreciate these downtown flats in a converted 1878 museum. After your automated self-service check-in, head to your apartment (some but not all come with a kitchen) with little to no hassle. Finishes include wood accents, muted grey tones and floral design flourishes, and there’s plenty of natural light in each. There’s an infrared sauna and fitness room, plus room service if you don’t want to go out or cook.
Frogner operates several longer-term letting locations in West Oslo’s swankiest districts, with trendy cafés, shops and restaurants nearby. Our favourite is trendy Skovveien 8, with 57 studio apartments, all with a kitchenette and washing machine on each floor. Rooms feature cosy dark walls, velvet armchairs and bright, modern bathrooms. If you don’t fancy making breakfast, opt for a healthy delivery option with a selection of menus based on your dietary requirements.
Craving a hotel room instead of an apartment? Enjoy a stylish and cultural stay in the Norwegian capital by booking one of Oslo’s best boutique hotels with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.