Luxembourg’s lively bar scene is a direct reflection of its multicultural make-up; from upscale French wine bars to alternative dives and Irish pubs, the city offers an eclectic mix. With such variety, there’s sure to be a little something for every taste.
Whether you’re in search of a sunny spot to share a pint with friends or a more intimate location to enjoy a bottle of wine with loved ones, Luxembourg City has no shortage of unique and inviting bars to choose from. As Fabien Rodrigues, events manager at Buvette, explains, the best bars go above and beyond the standard pub. “When people in Luxembourg go out, they’re looking for more than just a drink. They crave new experiences and dynamic company,” he says. Here are the best bars in Luxembourg City.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Brauhaus is one of Luxembourg’s newest drinking treasures. Serving both local beers and food, this brasserie is a great option whatever the occasion. Enjoy one of the many brews on tap, perhaps pairing it with a Wiener schnitzel (fried veal) or Kniddelen (dumpling) casserole with Luxembourgish sausage. With a warm yet industrial design, Brauhaus’s cosy atmosphere attracts return customers.
The Office is a bar unlike any other. By day it’s a co-working space that draws in creatives from all over, but come nightfall the place transforms into a networking hub where the drinks flow and new connections are made. The eclectic decor and spacious terrace add even more appeal to this bar, making it a must-visit in Luxembourg. The seasonal menu is just as good, with highlights including steak tartare, beef bourgignon and vegetarian enchiladas. Be sure to check The Office’s Facebook page for upcoming events.
Oscar’s is well known to residents as the one and only place where you can get your karaoke fix every Saturday night in Luxembourg. Situated in the Grund neighbourhood, the bar is just steps from the city centre in a charming location along the Alzette River. Pair your drink with one of the fresh hamburgers, which earn rave reviews from customers. If you’re planning a visit during the summer, be sure to call in advance to secure a coveted spot on the expansive terrace. Visit between 5pm and 8pm Monday to Friday to make the most of happy hour, when you can get two-for-one on alcoholic drinks.
Located just on the outskirts of the city centre in the district of Belair, Max + Moritz is a bar and restaurant that exudes class and sophistication. Regardless of your drink of choice, Max + Moritz has surely got you covered, with more than 15 wines sold by the glass, 35 different gins, an array of signature cocktails and ginger beer brewed in-house. Be sure to pair your drink with some of the delectable bar food, such as truffle grilled cheese made with home-made truffle béchamel sauce.
Buvette is likely one of the most unique bars on this list, thanks to its unusual location – the bar is housed within decommissioned railway roadhouses behind Luxembourg train station. According to events manager Fabian Rodrigues, the entire space, known as the Rotondes, is a “one-of-a-kind cultural centre and the perfect place to see and be seen”. The trendy atmosphere is amplified by Buvette’s excellent entertainment schedule, with the bar often hosting live concerts, DJ sets and trivia nights. Make sure to check its Facebook page regularly for a list of upcoming events.
Located on the top floor of the Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal, Coco Mango boasts panoramic views of the Luxembourg City skyline. Come early and enjoy the sunset looking over the Adolphe Bridge and the Golden Lady statue. Coco Mango’s interior is modern and upscale, with purple-hued lights and an elegantly curved bar. An extensive drink menu provides even more reason to pay a visit.
Scott’s Pub is the bar of choice for many who live in Luxembourg’s Grund district. Scott’s hosts a vast array of events, including Black Friday, when all drinks are €1 (£0.80), and Hangover Night, when attendees pay an entrance fee for free drinks all night while dancing to live DJs. In the summer, enjoy a seat on the bustling riverfront terrace, or if the weather doesn’t permit, cosy up by one of the indoor fireplaces.
Situated just steps from the Grand Ducal Palace, Bazaar has quickly become one of the most popular bars in the city. A great place for groups, Bazaar serves an impressive range of drinks and cocktails, and has an expansive menu of Mediterranean, Greek and Persian dishes that are made to be shared. For a special treat, ask to be shown downstairs where you’ll find a more club-like atmosphere with a separate bar and music.
If you’re interested in going to a bar that offers more than just a great space to drink with friends, this is the place for you. From stand-up comedy sets and trivia games to Brazilian-themed nights and live jazz, Café Rocas has the entertainment covered. Dubbed an art café, Café Rocas attracts an eclectic clientele, and there’s always something going on. Call in advance or follow on Facebook to find out what’s on the agenda.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.