This pretty village on the Greek island of Rhodes is home to over 5,000 years of history – including the impressive archaeological site of the Acropolis of Lindos, which boasts expansive views over the flat-roofed houses and out to the Aegean Sea. There are also winding laneways to explore, traditional whitewashed architecture and dramatic landscapes. Planning a trip to Lindos? Read on to discover the best hotels in Lindos for every traveller, bookable with Culture Trip.
This luxurious hotel in Lindos, set high on the rocks near the ancient Acropolis, blends 17th-century village-style architecture (whitewashed and sandstone buildings) with richly decorated interiors, including decorative ceilings, elaborate woodcarvings and hand-painted ceramics. The 12 suites and the communal areas, arranged around a central staircase, feel village-like, while the gardens are overflowing with bougainvillea, frangipani, lavender and jasmine. Dine al fresco on the rooftop restaurant or indulge in a meal in the ornate arched dining room, where the menu is inspired by traditional Greek cuisine – dishes include grilled seafood and cutlets with fresh vegetables.
Looking for an affordable stay in the archaeological heart of Rhodes? The Lindos Citron Suites has been welcoming guests since 1980, and is located in the town’s entertainment hub near well-known restaurants, such as Stefany’s Restaurant, Yannis Bar and Maria’s Taverna. Each room has a comfortable double bed and sofa bed, cheerful tiled floors and colourful wall murals, as well as a kitchenette with a microwave and kettle. There’s also a pretty courtyard garden and a terrace for lounging in the sun.
This chic adults-only hotel in Lindos is the perfect way for couples to truly escape and unwind. The whitewashed buildings, nestled into the dramatic hills, overlook the bright blue Aegean Sea, while the rustic interiors take inspiration from modern bohemian style. Visit the Magnolia Spa for treatments such as a Rhodian Specialty Massage or Deep Barefoot Back Walking, before indulging in a meal complete with local wines at Tárate Restaurant – think baby octopus with lentil stifado, king oyster mushroom and Mavrodaphne reduction, or spanakopita ravioli with spinach coulis, feta cream and fresh herbs from the hotel farm.
Lindos Shore Home’s collection of one- and two-bedroom villas and suites are the stuff Greek island dreams are made of. Families and groups of friends will love the Lindos Shore Boutique Villa, a two-bedroom, two-bathroom beachside villa that can sleep up to six guests. It’s situated just above the main beach and is decorated with soft neutrals that match the coastal location. The traditional timber Lindian gate leads to a pebbled courtyard, while inside both bedrooms boast views of the sea. There’s also a terrace with outdoor seating and views over the harbour that can be used for al fresco dining.
This family-run hotel in Lindos has been welcoming guests since its founder, Mr Profilienos, first built apartments on the site in 1989. Today, it’s run by his children, who continue to follow in his footsteps of environmentally responsible tourism – the hotel has a dedicated program of “reduce, reuse and recycle” – with a touch of romance. There is a rooftop restaurant specialising in traditional Greek food with a modern twist, as well as a bar for snacks and drinks. Travelling with kids? Keep them entertained in the basement games room.
Stay in a piece of Lindian history at this hotel, built in 1917. In the Sixties, the house was home to German writer Hans Limmer and his family, and is even featured in his book Mein Esel Benjamin (My Donkey Benjamin). The house has since been divided into three independent rooms – each featuring a modern bathroom and air conditioning – which are located around an interior garden courtyard. There’s a cosy deluxe double, a suite split over two levels, and a deluxe suite that can sleep up to five guests and is ideal for families.
This five-star adults-only resort, which is a member of the exclusive Small Luxury Hotels group, is all about pampering and relaxation. The villas and maisonettes with private pools are arranged over a series of cascading terraces that lead down to a sandy beach, and guests also have access to a rooftop sun-terrace, indoor and outdoor pools, and five restaurants and bars. The health club has a gym, steam bath and indoor pool with jacuzzi and sauna, and the Elixir Spa offers Kallos treatments inspired by ancient Greek wellness using locally sourced products.
On the edge of the village of Lindos, this hotel boasts panoramic views of the castle at the Acropolis of Lindos from its two sun terraces. There are 13 apartments, with an interior palette inspired by the green and silver of the olive trees and the bright blue Aegean Sea. Each apartment boasts luxurious Coco-Mat beds and O.live beauty products made from natural Greek ingredients. Make sure to check out the bar, which has a menu of award-winning cocktails and serves up casual Greek dishes such as dakos, a traditional Cretan salad, and cheese and meat platters.
This boutique hotel in Lindos, set in a century-old house, is based around the idea that “simplicity is the new luxury”. The rooms are decorated with natural materials, giving them rustic chic vibes with hand-carved timber screens and draped linens. Relax with other guests on the sun-filled pebbled courtyard or enjoy the seclusion of a private terrace or balcony. Saturdays are celebrated with a weekly Champagne Brunch, which features a buffet of fresh salads, traditional meat dishes, local cheeses and unlimited glasses of champagne. If you’re celebrating a special occasion, let the owners know – they’ll set up lanterns on the terrace, light candles and offer cake and champagne on the house.
Looking for more places to stay for your next Greek Island adventure? Discover our guide to the best hotels in Rhodes and book your stay with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.