Start your day of exploring Nice with a fresh cup of locally brewed coffee. Whether you like your coffee iced, foamy or in the form of espresso shots, these cafés will see you right.
The coffee scene in Nice is diverse, ranging from stylish artisanal roasters to laid-back brunch spots. However you like your coffee, you will regularly find the city’s residents congregating at 4pm for a goûter (a sweet snack of pastries or sweet treats), and of course, an espresso or two. Here are the best cafés and coffee shops in Nice.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Many flock to this lovely small café for its stylish decor – think cerulean-blue walls, modernist furniture and soaring ceilings. Though its design caters to the Instagram crowd, the café doesn’t skimp on quality: sweet and savoury crêpes are made to order and are best paired with mochas topped with whipped cream and drizzled with caramel. Spacious seating makes FrenchCafé perfect for catching up on reading or answering emails.
Déli Bo is a traditional French café: rich coffee, streetside seating and a neighbourhood feel. But the real draw is its range of pastries, where presentation is key. Delicate chocolate cakes are topped with pear confit and fluffy caramel mousse; millefeuille is stacked with fresh raspberries, crumbling pastry and zesty citrus flavours. If you’re in the mood for something more savoury, Déli Bo also offers a range of Asian-inspired brunch dishes, including tempura shrimp and beef bowls.
For a taste of North America, head to Emilie and the Cool Kids. Here, you’ll find American breakfast dishes with a French accent – bagels filled with bacon and eggs or smoked salmon and cream cheese, and banana pancakes served with whipped cream and chocolate. Expect an extensive selection of American desserts, including hefty cinnamon buns and indulgent cakes topped with American chocolates. The charming chain has two locations: one in the heart of the Old Town and one by the Musée du Palais Lascaris.
This historic coffee shop is one of the city’s oldest, and has been pouring lattes and pulling espresso shots since 1820. The interior has been meticulously kept up to give the air of its past, from a grand stained-glass ceiling to statues and chandeliers from the Renaissance era. Customers here can get their caffeine fix while tucking into luxury chocolate. The shop also specialises in high-end tea, shipped from artisans across the world. Prices are on the higher side, but the candied nuts, cocoa, chocolates, chestnut spreads and fruit jellies make excellent souvenirs.
Head to this low-key spot just off the busy Boulevard Victor Hugo for your morning cup of coffee. It’s one of the few places in the city that does drip coffee (most will serve only espresso-based drinks), though the americanos, espressos and lattes are equally delicious. Food-wise, the café keeps it simple, offering breads and pastries for breakfast. The shop is tiny, but there’s plenty of outdoor seating in the warmer months. Like many spots, coffees are cheaper when you take them standing up at the bar.
This small coffee shop is a favourite among Nice’s residents as it stocks beans and tea leaves from around the world. Each wall is lined with cases and cases of beans, and blends of black, green and red teas from different international makers. The staff are happy to walk guests through descriptions and offer taste tests. Keep in mind, while you can get a cup of coffee or tea to go, the shop is a better place to pick up beans and tea leaves for home.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.