Once a sleepy fishing village that caught the eye of silver-screen stars such as Brigitte Bardot in the 1950s, Saint-Tropez is today a byword for French Riviera glamour. Away from the crowd of super-yachts at anchor in its bay, the narrow streets behind the port are a charming warren of boutiques, bars and restaurants, such as marina-side institution, Café Sénéquier. Stop for a coffee before setting off on one of these sailing adventures.
Explore Europe’s most spectacular Rivieras with Culture Trip’s Sailing Trips.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The long stretch of sandy coast at Plage Pampelonne in Ramatuelle is the place to see and be seen in summer on the Côte d’Azur. The beach is divided into public areas (including two nudist zones) and private beach clubs, where champagne and rosé flow all day. Nikki Beach and La Bagatelle attract a hip crowd.
The vineyards that surround Saint-Tropez produce the pale-pink rosé that is popular around the world. With over 110ha (272 acres) of vines under cultivation, Château Minuty is one of the biggest estates. Quality hasn’t been sacrificed for quantity at this family-run vineyard in Gassin, and its range of highly regarded wines come from hand-harvested grapes, cultivated without pesticides or herbicides. The sleek tasting room is open year-round.
Constructed in the 1960s on reclaimed marshland in the Gulf of Saint-Tropez, it’s easy to see why Port Grimaud is also known as “The Little Venice of Provence”. Venetian-inspired bridges connect a network of boutique- and restaurant-lined canals, although the colourful buildings still retain a distinctly Provençal feel. Climb to the top of the Church of Saint François of Assisi for the best views in town. In July and August, night markets light up Monday evenings with an array of local artisans selling their wares.
The cobbled pedestrian streets of the pretty medieval village of Cogolin are a delight to explore at a leisurely pace. You’ll discover pottery studios and handcrafted carpets, as well as a rich tradition of producing delicate reeds for wind instruments. Serving up flavoursome local dishes in the heart of town, Grain de Sel is a cosy spot for a bistro lunch.
Île du Levant
Do you dare to bare it all on Île du Levant? The easternmost of the three Îles d’Or (Golden Islands) off Hyères is a nudist paradise, where you can roam au naturel everywhere apart from designated spaces such as the harbour and village square. It’s worth remembering that there’s no electricity on the island, but there is a selection of restaurants, including the appropriately named Pizzeria Adam et Eve.
Île de Porquerolles
The fine sands and turquoise waters of the Île de Porquerolles – another of the Îles d’Or archipelago – bring a sense of the Caribbean to the Mediterranean. The island is well set up to hire cycling, diving and nautical equipment, and there’s a network of signposted walking routes to explore. Make time to visit the Villa Carmignac, a striking contemporary villa and exhibition space.
Facing its famous neighbour across the Gulf of Saint-Tropez, Sainte-Maxime is a more low-key version of Saint-Tropez. This family-friendly coastal resort is easy to navigate on foot (the tourist office has self-guided walking tour maps). Finish by strolling to the lively seafront promenade with a pretty rose-petal gelato from Aux Parfums d’Italie.
Îles de Lérins
In contrast to the red-carpet glamour of La Croisette, these two islands found in the Bay of Cannes are an oasis of leafy calm. On Île Sainte-Marguerite, the larger of the two, you’ll find an important museum and several dining options, while the serene atmosphere of Île Saint-Honorat comes from the monastic order that calls it home. In the channel that separates the two islands, lie the grand statues of the Cannes Underwater Eco-Museum.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.