Given its long history as a playground for the rich and famous, it’s no surprise that Nice boasts some of the best shopping in France. But don’t worry if you’re on a tight budget. There’s more to this Mediterranean city than ludicrously luxe boutiques. Here are our picks of the best places to go shopping in Nice.
Explore Nice from the water by hiring a yacht through SamBoat for the day – no experience necessary. Alternatively, book a week-long sailing adventure along the French Riviera with Dream Yacht Charter.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Technically, Trésor Publics is a gift shop, but it has about as much in common with your standard vendor of tourist tat as your local corner shop does with Harrods. It’s more like a gift shop reimagined by Wes Anderson, with every hand-crafted item beautifully presented and packaged. If you want to bring back something genuinely gorgeous for someone special, this is a good place to start when you’re shopping in Nice.
Its main office might be in Paris, but Escales is the quintessence of a French Riviera clothing brand; its designs have a strong nautical theme with sharp tailoring as standard. Think Breton stripes, blue polo shirts and smart, button-down Oxfords. There are branches of Escales in Saint-Tropez and Cannes, but the Nice boutique, on the corner of Rue Paradis, just up from Chanel and Louis Vuitton, is the one to be seen in.
You can’t visit Nice without stopping by the Marché aux Fleurs on Cours Saleya. This historic flower market has been selling blooms to the public for more than a century; it’s left an impression on everyone from penniless backpackers to the Russian tsar. These days, fruits, vegetables and food are sold alongside the flowers in the morning. The market runs from 6am to 5.30pm every day except Mondays, when it’s replaced by an antiques market. It’s worth getting here early, however, especially in summer when it gets particularly crowded.
Wine shops are two a penny in Nice, but there are very few that can hold a candle to the venerable Cave Bianchi. Family-run for more than 150 years, it stocks a huge variety of French wines, as well as carefully selected imports and olive oil. To get the proper experience, book a tasting via the website, and leave yourself a decent amount of time to soak up the atmosphere. Make sure you book in advance, though, as Cave Bianchi’s reputation means it’s become something of a tourist hotspot.
Crate-digging isn’t necessarily an activity you’d associate with shopping in Nice, but the city boasts several record shops, each offering distinct genres. Evrlst.inc, on Rue du Lycée, is the place to go for techno or electro; Sonic Import boasts a great jazz selection; and the eclectic buying policy at Crazy Rhythm means you can find almost anything in the wonkily stacked cardboard boxes. However, the pick of the bunch is Kosimi Records, where the clear labelling and pared-back decor make it easy to find your place in a crate. The selection of world music – particularly from overseas regions of France, such as Guadeloupe – is excellent.
Sail around the French Riviera from Nice by chartering a yacht for the day through SamBoat, or extend to a week-long trip with Dream Yacht Charter.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.