This peaceful family hotel with 36 rooms occupies a converted convent in Old Town. The interior has been modernised and the most spacious suites can fit up to five people. Outside, the courtyard is a place to find some tranquillity before you take the short walk to some of Prague’s most famous attractions, including the Dancing House, Charles Bridge and Clementinum.
Sleek modern design runs all the way through this minimalist hotel near Old Town Square and distinguishes it from many of the other choices in the neighbourhood. The suites have a walk-in shower and double basins and the BoHo Wellness Area includes a plunge pool and sauna. The restaurant serves healthy international dishes.
It is always nice to stay in a hotel with a story and the Jalta Boutique Hotel certainly has one. The site once hosted a secret nuclear bunker which doubled as a covert listening post allowing the secret police to spy on guests in the 1950s. It’s now a fascinating museum beneath the hotel. Fans of Soviet architecture will find themselves in a reverie at the Jalta, especially those with views over Wenceslas Square from their room.
Hotel Pod Vezi is in the Mala Straná district, a hillside area also known as Lesser Town with views across the Vltava Vltava to Old Town. The hotel is surrounded by incredible architecture such as the Charles Bridge but the pink 18th-century building still manages to stand out. The roof terrace has great views of Prague Castle, while many of the 16 rooms have great vistas too.
This converted Augustinian 14th-century brewery sits under Prague Castle and goes a bit under the radar surrounded by a number of more grand hotels on the tranquil side of the river. What makes Three Storks stand out is the helpful and friendly staff, the spaciousness of the rooms and elegant design that does not betray its history. You must be sure not to miss the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant each day.
Wooden ceilings and decor featuring art deco, renaissance and baroque items will make you feel you are living in a period drama at Golden Well Hotel below the walls of Prague Castle. It has only 17 rooms and for those who like to be waited on, services include an aromatic oil bath, in-room massages and your own personal tour guide.
This hotel’s best feature is the panoramic view from its patio – you can see the Old City, Petřín Hill and the forested hillside. Domus Henrici Boutique Hotel is in the Malá Strana district, a short walk to Prague Castle. The eight rooms of the building dating back to the 14th century have all the necessary amenities and powerful showers.
This unique spot in Malá Strana is packed with retro furnishings that hark back to the heyday of lava lamps. Vintage Design Hotel Sax is one of the quirkiest boutique hotels in the city and offers concierge services, including sightseeing tours, theatre tickets, local excursions, boating on the Vltava River and a range of massages. A great option for keen sightseers, the 23-room hotel stands roughly midway between Prague Castle and Charles Bridge.
An ideal spot for lovers of 20th-century architecture, this stunning hotel is a landmark in its own right. Built at the height of art nouveau, its ornate, yellow-brick facade looks spectacular. Everything inside Ventana Hotel matches perfectly with its outward appearance and the rooms are lavish but never overdone. The hotel stands on the eastern corner of Old Town Square, right next to the Church of Our Lady before Týn.
Inside the top floor of a late 18th-century rococo palace that runs parallel to the baroque masterpiece Church of St Nicholas, this secluded hotel has nine large rooms ranging from deluxe two-person lodgings to junior suites that are suitable for small families. Though it has been renovated to meet modern standards, the hotel features many historical elements, including exposed ceiling beams and wooden floors. It is close to Charles Bridge and in a peaceful neighbourhood that rarely experiences heavy footfall.
Offering services that are above and beyond what most comparably sized hotels in Prague’s Old Town do, the Emblem also ranks among the most aesthetically pleasing spots in the city centre, thanks to its keen eye for art and design. Though the hotel’s rooms aren’t huge, they are meticulously put together and often feature a one-of-a-kind design or an original artwork. Luxurious but down to earth, the hotel has many additional facilities including a private smoking lounge and rooftop whirlpool tub.
Housed inside Žižkov Television Tower, One Room Hotel offers unrivalled views across Prague and its surroundings. Though you’d be forgiven for booking a room here just for the view, the hotel looks amazing inside too, with rooms featuring an open-plan layout and furnished with king-size beds and two-person-sized bathtubs. A great choice for a romantic getaway, rates are not cheap but are well worth the extra cash if you’re planning something special.
This is an updated version of an article originally written by Tom Coggins.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
For more options, discover our guide to the best luxury hotels in Prague, or the best places to book your stay in Prague Old Town, and book now on Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.