Dodge the typical tourist trails and live like a local in these home-from-home stays, a cobblestone’s throw from the Czech capital’s grand cafés, fine-dining restaurants and historic taverns.
Prague is an easy city to feel at home in. With convivial cafés, affordable food and drink, and a youthful population, it’s a hip city where local hosts can really help you scratch the surface. Set in historic mansion buildings amid fairytale scenery, or in buzzy neighbourhoods that come alive after dark, Prague’s apartments are a top-value base for one of Europe’s best city breaks.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This luxurious set of apartments give you a taste of how Prague’s high-fliers live: high ceilings, chandeliers, soft leather chairs and spacious living rooms, all filled with light thanks to huge windows. Set in charming, cobbled Staré Město, the building is less than a 15-minute walk to key sights such as the Charles Bridge, the Jewish Quarter and the city’s Astronomical Clock.
These immaculate, modern but unfussy apartments are in the atmospheric Jewish Quarter, home to history-steeped synagogues, as well as hip bars and restaurants. They come in configurations of one, two or three bedrooms, as well as a budget-option studio with its own kitchenette; each comes with laminated wooden floors, flatscreen TVs and dining tables. This is a central, comfy base in a neighbourhood known for its nightlife.
Deep in Mala Strana, the “Lesser Town” on the west bank of Prague’s Vltava River, James Hotel is at the foot of the city’s apple-green Petřín Hill. Its vast, light-filled apartments sleep between six and 10 – perfect for families or groups of friends celebrating a special occasion. Spend your days pottering around the city’s oldest quarter, much of it dating back to Medieval times, and hiking up to the beautiful castle complex, 20 minutes away.
These basic but modern apartments come with super-fast Wi-Fi and mini-fridges, and some have high-perched balconies. They’re slightly north of the tourist centre, in residential Mezitratí, but family-friendly, with a playroom and kindly hosts. Take advantage of fresh omelettes and eggs benedict at breakfast, before setting off for some sightseeing.
These light, bright apartments are a whirl of bold, refreshing interiors – from mosaic tiling to origami-like lampshades and gold-embossed feature walls. Close to the sightseeing-friendly Jewish Quarter, they sleep anywhere from two to eight people. Opt for one with a private balcony to make the most of the city views.
Also close to the restaurants and museums of the Jewish Quarter, these modern apartments have a neutral palette of greys and golds and large living areas, with a few wood beams thrown in for warmth and character. Friendly staff on reception will help out with local tips and taxis, and squishy grey sofas, kitchenettes and dining tables make it feel like home.
These apartments have a rare patio to socialise on, backed by a charming, ivy-strung wall and lit by suspended lightbulbs. Inside, bedrooms are duck-egg blue and gold with patches of exposed stone and clinking chandeliers, plus petite kitchens with everything you need to self-cater. All the sights of Prague’s Old Town – from classical music-filled churches to statue-crowned squares – are just metres away.
Slightly downtown, near the city’s Narodni Museum and the architectural curiosity “Dancing House” but out of the tourist crush, these simply furnished rooms are ideal for families. Striped wallpaper, bird-motif cushions and vases of flowers give a lived-in, homely feel, and rates are top value, leaving you more to spend enjoying Prague’s restaurants and nightlife.
Find even more options for places to stay by seeing the best Airbnbs in Prague, bookable with Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.