Set within the historic Old Town walls, SUNce Palace Apartments is just a few steps from the famed Stradun, the city’s main street. Behind its 19th-century stone façade are seven modern apartments, with bright white walls, enhancing the light-filled rooms. The building has a few original features including a large bread oven.
Just outside the walls of the Old Town, in the bustling Montovjerna district, these two apartments each come with a picturesque balcony overlooking the medieval city and the Adriatic. Each features a large room in a neutral palette and includes a separate lounge and kitchen so you can whip up a meal whenever you want. Nearby attractions include Orlando’s Column, Onofrio’s Fountain and Pile Gate.
With the white-sand Banje Beach just steps from Apartments Ante, you can go for a dip in the sea within sight of the Old Town walls. Each of the four apartments here has a sun-soaked balcony or terrace, where you can make the most of the fresh sea air. You’ll also find a plush bed, kitchenette with dishwasher, modern bathroom and living room in your chosen accommodation.
A short walk from the Rector’s Palace and Dubrovnik cathedral, Celenga Apartments is primed for exploring the city by foot – the huge arch next to the building was once the entrance to the city. Here, you’ll find historic architectural details alongside contemporary design. Each of the five apartments is individually decorated and named after the main Dubrovnik fortresses: Minčeta, Lovrijenac, Revelin, Bokar and St John.
Sitting next to the pebbly Cista Luka 1 Beach in Cavtat, Residence Alpha is a modern option if you prefer to stay outside Dubrovnik proper. The apartments have glorious sea views – most come with a balcony – and each comprises a kitchenette with coffee machine. When you want to take in the surrounding vistas, visit the rooftop jacuzzi or relax in one of the sunchairs provided.
Sitting pretty in the upscale neighbourhood of Gruž, Adriatic Deluxe Apartments is moments from the sea, where you can watch luxury yachts bobbing about in the water. Each accommodation lies on the top floor, making the most of the views – our pick is the one-bedder with floor-to-ceiling windows and a private terrace with hot tub.
On the lush Lapad peninsula, one of Dubrovnik’s quieter districts, Pervanovo Apartments is ideal if you’re in the mood for a relaxing break. Just 10 minutes from the Old Town, it comprises eight restored villas divided into 18 apartments. Each is fitted with a fully equipped kitchen, washing machine and spacious balcony, so you can enjoy al fresco breakfast with a sea view.
On a quiet side street just off the Stradun, Apartments Eleganca is a sleek option for your Dubrovnik city break. The baroque building that houses the three apartments dates back to 1680, but the interiors were fully renovated in 2015, leaving some original features, such as the old stone walls and large shuttered windows.
Within the walls of the Old Town, Dubrovnik Boutique Apartments comprises eight apartments spread across three 17th-century townhouses. It’s full of charm that starts with the stone-clad façade, and the stone walls inside are offset by a contemporary kitchen and living area, while the exposed ceiling beams bring a rustic touch. Opt for one of the two-bedroom apartments with a small balcony to watch passers-by on the street below.
For more options, discover our guide to the best boutique hotels in Dubrovnik, Croatia, and book now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.