Discover Hanoi’s ancient pagodas, green spaces, irresistible street food and compelling museums whilst calling one of these apartments home.
Formerly known as Thang Long and Dong Kinh, Vietnam’s second largest city was named Hanoi – meaning the city in a bend in the river – in 1831. It now attracts over 28 million tourists each year to its serene lakes, upmarket French Quarter and buzzing Old Quarter, where hundreds of mopeds zip past bewildered tourists.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
There’s everything you could possibly need under one roof at these serviced apartments in the centre of Dong Da district. All 70 modern apartments have kitchenettes and living areas but, it’s the communal areas that set the hotel apart. There’s a mini supermarket serving fresh food, a fitness centre, a lovely garden as well as a restaurant and bar with panoramic views over Hanoi.
Retreat from the hustle and bustle of Hanoi at these serviced apartments – just a three-minute walk from the city’s biggest lake and yet still only a 15-minute drive to the city centre. Cars and motorbikes are available to rent while other amenities include a laundry service, 24/7 security and 24-hour reception. There are two supermarkets and several fast-food restaurants close by, though the studios’ kitchenettes have everything you need to cook at home.
Enjoy the extra space offered by an apartment with the added bonus of hotel facilities at these residences, a ten-minute drive from Hanoi’s Old Quarter in the Ba Dinh district. Renters of these 96 luxury apartments have the use of a 25-metre outdoor swimming pool, a gym, a restaurant, a living room stocked with books and newspapers and even a kid’s area filled with toys.
Families have everything they need at the Somerset and can enjoy being close to city attractions such as the Old Quarter and The One Pillar Pagoda. There are one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments on offer and children under 12 stay for free. We can guarantee your kids won’t get bored – the Somerset comes with an outdoor swimming pool and children’s pool, a playground, a tennis court and billiards table – while a daily breakfast, babysitting service, restaurant, convenience store and doctor on-call make the experience hassle-free for parents as well.
Business travellers can check in and get straight to work at the Grand Trung Hoa apartments in Ca Giay District, one of the city’s liveliest areas known for its great Vietnamese restaurants. The building offers free 24-hour WiFi, 24-hour security, reception staff who speak Japanese and English and even a taxi service so guests can easily whizz across the capital whenever they need.
Available for both long- and short-term rental, these two- and three-bedroom apartments are just five minutes’ walk to the Opera House and ten-minutes’ to Hoan Kiem Lake. All come with a full kitchen, dining area, washer/dryer and balconies that have views of the beach. Don’t worry about cooking either – some of Hanoi’s best street food vendors are nearby including Pho Thin and Bun Cha Obama.
With just ten apartments and a sunny patio, these boutique apartments are a welcome change from huge blocks of city residences. The property is four kilometres from the city centre but also conveniently close to some of Hanoi’s most tranquil spots including the Botanical Gardens (Vuon Bach Thao) and West Lake. Conveniently, if you plan to venture further afield, there is a car rental service on-site.
Overlooking Hanoi’s largest lake, the Oakwood Residence embodies the ideal combination of city thrills and lakeside living. There are countless restaurants, shops and international schools on the doorstep, but it’s easy to relax with a stroll or cycle around the lake, too. The 262 luxury apartments range from studios to two-bedroom family properties and all have marble baths or rain showers, washer-dryers, a sound bar and full kitchenettes. Communal facilities include a restaurant, resident’s lounge, fitness centre and swimming pool.
These serviced apartments near the Daeha Business Center are just ten-minutes’ from Hanoi’s Central Business District, making them a great choice for those travelling for work. Amenities are seriously impressive too, with a basement carpark, convenience store, meal delivery services, restaurant, spa and tour desk. Down-time is taken care of with an indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms, complimentary DVD rentals and a rooftop garden.
Stay close to the city’s main sights at these contemporary apartments in Hanoi’s captivating Old Quarter. Hanoi Opera House, Trang Tien Plaza and St. Joseph Cathedral are all within walking distance while the city’s best bars, restaurants and markets are also close by. Escape the heat at these air-conditioned apartments which come with free WiFi, a kitchen, dining area, patio and views over the city.
Close to Hoan Kiem Lake and within Hanoi’s Old Quarter, these excellently-located apartments are perfect for anyone travelling to the city on holiday. A grand total of 60 rooms include connecting family spaces that sleep up to four and even a honeymoon suite – all with mini bars, safety deposit boxes and coffee-making facilities. A daily buffet breakfast is included and guests can also take advantage of the airport shuttle or train station pick-up service for straightforward transfers.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.