From a hip hostel in Krabi Town to a tropical stay by Ao Nang beach (via a party pad made for mingling), here are the top hostels in Krabi – all bookable on Culture Trip.
Whether you like a relaxed environment or want to dance the night away, the shoreside province of Krabi in southern Thailand has something for everyone. There are plenty of accommodation options from which to choose, whether you’re looking to stay in the town, by the beach or on an island.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Done in a calming blue-and-white colour scheme, this hostel offers a chic stay in the heart of Krabi Town. Rooms come in a variety of configurations, with the largest able to accommodate four guests in bunks, and a triple that includes a single and double bed. In addition to a garden area and panoramic rooftop deck, the hostel has a casual restaurant where you can grab a quick bite before setting out on an adventure – jeep or motorbike tours, kayaking or island-hopping can all be organised by hostel staff.
In the vibrant tourist hub of Ao Nang, this tropical-themed hostel is ideal if you want to be in the centre of the action. It has shared and private rooms, and is decorated in calming neutral tones and modern furnishings. Some dorms even offer a view of the garden through floor-to-ceiling windows. There’s a large outdoor pool, and free non-alcoholic drinks and snacks are supplied throughout the day. Popular Ao Nang Beach is a 30-minute walk or a quick car ride away.
This humble hostel offers a homely, no-frills, wallet-friendly stay for travellers who want a fuss-free place to rest their head. Rooms are primarily mixed dorms, though you can book a twin or double if you want more privacy. Staff are friendly and will go out of their way to offer recommendations and tips about the area. The hostel is conveniently located within walking distance of the Krabi Night Market.
With a serene courtyard ringed by hammock-strung towering trees, Glur Hostel in Ao Nang is perfect if you want a quiet space at the end of the day. Besides a large garden area and outdoor pool, the resort-like hostel also has ample chill-out nooks where you can sit with your thoughts or get to know other guests better. Rooms are a mix of dorms and private options, done up in contemporary style – all polished concrete meets whitewashed walls, with bright bedspreads and cushions adding pops of colour.
Another hostel in Ao Nang that offers bar crawls and excursions, K-Bunk has made a good name for itself with travellers and locals alike due to its fun, friendly vibe. But there’s another thing it’s really well known for: the breakfasts. The full English is the perfect food to soak up those hangovers or to start your day of adventures with; there are also healthier breakfast choices that can be enjoyed after a good night’s sleep in the comfy, clean rooms.
A good host and friendly staff can make or break a hostel, and that’s what makes the Hangover Hostel so great. The manager cares about the enjoyment of his guests, encouraging them to socialise where possible and providing expert advice free of charge. Just 10 minutes from the ferry pier and a stone’s throw from the beach, this is a great location at a great price, as well as a home from home on the island.
In the centre of Krabi Town, Seacation has a mix of private and dorm rooms. Less of a party hostel than some, it’s a touch of luxury despite the low price, and the location is great for exploring the wider Krabi area. With a simple complimentary breakfast, a pool table and a small common area, Seacation is a great choice for those who favour simplicity and comfort over a party atmosphere.
If beach access is key, OYO is a mere 10-minute stroll from picturesque Ao Nang beach. The 24 rooms are clean, well maintained and air conditioned, with female-only options available. There is also a small garden area with picnic tables, which makes an ideal spot to kick back with fellow travellers at the end of the day with some local cuisine and ice-cold beers.
In the heart of Krabi Town, not far from the ferry port, Pak Up is a fun hostel that attracts a diverse crowd. With pub crawls and parties taking place frequently, it’s a hub of activity and a great way to meet travellers. Motorbikes are available to rent if you’d like to explore a little further, and they also provide a number of tours and excursions, including a notoriously fun bar crawl.
Few hostels boast a common area with a sea view, yet that’s what Blanco offers and more. It also has a restaurant serving Thai and international food, and is just a short walk to the fire shows and beach parties that have put Koh Phi Phi on the map. It’s a beautiful base for adventures on this enchanting island.
Modern, secure and clean, Hub of Joys ticks all the boxes. Less than 10 minutes from the beach on foot, it is perfectly placed to enjoy this sleepy island, and the friendly staff can provide advice on activities and recommend tours. A jolt of life on an otherwise sleepy island, this is a great place to stay on Koh Lanta.
Vanessa Tai contributed additional reporting to this article.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.