You can now book and travel with Culture Trip to Krabi and all the beautiful islands and beaches beyond. Led by a local insider, our 10-day tour of Southern Thailand ensures nothing is missed.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Few leave Krabi without taking in the sights of the Four Island tour, and it’s easy to see why. For just a few hundred baht, you can take a wooden long-tail boat and head for the beautiful islands of Koh Poda, Koh Tub, Chicken Island and the bay of Railay. It’s possible to charter a private boat or even a speedboat, which is a much better experience as it would grant extra time at any of the locations. Koh Poda, Koh Tub and Railay offer the chance to relax on the beach and take a dip in the sea, while Chicken Island provides great views and an opportunity to snorkel among colourful fish.
Koh Phi Phi Tour
Heading to Phi Phi is a great day trip. Not only does the main island have gorgeous beaches of azure water and powdery sand; it’s also home to Maya Bay, arguably the most beautiful location in all of south-east Asia. Typical tours will also take you to monkey beach – where you can make a bunch of furry friends – and Piley Bay, a stunning spot with huge limestone mountains and clear waters. The small size of Phi Phi means there are no cars or motorbikes on the island. Plus, it’s possible to cover the whole island in just a couple of hours.
Just a 45-minute long-tail boat ride from Ao Nang (or 25 minutes on a speedboat) is the wondrous Hong Island. Hong is famed for the large lagoon in the centre of it, beset on all sides by imposingly beautiful cliffs. There are beaches around the lagoon and on the outer rim of the island, but the real beauty comes from kayaking into the lagoon itself, all while being dwarfed by the mountains around the edge. If you’re lucky, you may also catch sight of a monkey or monitor lizard.
Emerald Pool and Hot Springs
Only 70km (43mi) from Krabi Town are the hot springs. With water warmed by volcanic chambers deep down below, they provide the opportunity to bathe in warm waters between 35 and 42 degrees Celsius. It can get pretty hot, but not to worry; there’s a river to cool off in. Nearby is the popular Emerald Pool, a freshwater pool with a shockingly emerald hue that’s incredibly pleasant to swim in. After a sweaty walk through the hot, thick jungle, it’s a great way to cool off and get in touch with nature, all while taking in the beauty of the surroundings. Make sure to visit early to avoid crowds and schoolchildren.
Undoubtedly the best place for diving in Krabi Province, Koh Rok is just a one-hour speedboat trip away from Koh Lanta island. Diving in Koh Rok is like experiencing a whole new world, unearthing treasures such as colourful corals and an abundance of marine life. That includes turtles, eels and maybe even the odd black-tipped shark. It’s also possible to snorkel rather than dive, or just enjoy the beach and the fine, soft sand. Koh Rock is also the best place in Krabi to spot monitor lizards, who often just laze on the beach without a care in the world.
Ao Thalane Mangrove Kayaking
The best spot in Krabi Province for kayaking, Ao Thalane is a short drive from Ao Nang. It’s home to a winding maze of mangrove trees, which can be explored through kayaking on the river. It’s a humbling, peaceful experience, and the odd glimpses of monkeys and crustaceans on the branches add some extra excitement. Kayaking is a sustainable way to see more of Krabi Province and is one of the last truly undeveloped tourist attractions around.
Tha Pon Khlong Song Nam (Two-Water Canal)
The Two-Water Canal is just 34km (21mi) from Krabi Town yet so few foreigners make it here. The name is derived from the fact that saltwater and freshwater meet here, the result being glass-like clear water that you can kayak and swim in. It even turns emerald-coloured during high tide. The surrounding nature is a mixture of banyan and mangrove trees that you can walk between. This is a location that’s as undeveloped and naturally beautiful as you are likely to encounter in such a tourist-heavy province.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.