Brew Master Tour
Everyone knows that Koreans love to drink, but few outsiders truly understand the history, culture and traditions that are associated with the country’s distilled spirits and brewed rice wines. Which is exactly what Veronica of Gastro Tour Seoul is hoping to change. On her Brew Master Tour, she takes visitors through the winding alleys of the city’s oldest neighborhoods and introduces them to the few remaining master artisans who brew and distil according to the time-honored methods passed down through the generations.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
In addition to learning about their methods, visitors can enjoy a traditional Korean spread at one of the Brew Master’s restaurants, which includes a few bowls of home-brewed makgeolli (rice wine).
The Demilitarized Zone, or DMZ, is a 250-kilometer-long, four-kilometer-wide stretch of land that serves as a buffer zone between the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea) and the Republic of Korea (South Korea). A visit to this destination is a highly informative, if not unnerving experience that won’t soon be forgotten.
While there are many DMZ tours available, with each offering insight into different parts of the area, perhaps the most unique is the Panmunjom Tour with the Panmunjom Travel Center. On this tour, visitors have the opportunity to visit the closest point a tourist can get to North Korea with a North Korean defector. By listening to the guide’s story and having the opportunity to participate in a Q&A session, visitors can attain a better understanding of the political situation between the two countries.
Surrounded by water on three sides, the Korean peninsula is famous for its seafood. From simple recipes like fish stew and grilled shellfish to bizarre dishes such as live octopus and fermented skate, there’s plenty to please the seafood-loving foodie, and there’s no better place to experience the best the country has to offer than at a traditional seafood market.
Navigating a traditional market for the first time can be confusing, if not intimidating, but Delectable Travel’s Fish Market Tour ensures that visitors have a hassle-free, fun experience. Knowledgeable guides lead participants through the lively Mapo Fish Market and help them pick out a selection of sashimi, giant crab, or, for the more adventurous eater, live octopus. Guests are then brought to a restaurant where they can have the dish prepared according to their preferences.
This free walking tour takes visitors around the area of Bukchon Hanok Village, one of the few districts in Seoul where Korea’s traditions and contemporary life coexist. Marvel at the neighborhood’s hanok, traditional architectural structures, as a Seoul Cultural Tourism Volunteer Guides leads you through enchanting alleys that seem frozen in time.
You’ll also have the opportunity to peek inside the area’s cultural centers and historical attractions such as the Bukchon Museum and Jeongdok Library. There’s no better way to experience, learn and immerse yourself in traditional Korean culture!
Night Dining Tour
Korean cuisine, is vibrant, flavorful, and, above all, diverse. For gastronomes eager to sample Korea’s tastiest cuisine in a limited amount of time, O’ngo Food Communications offers a number of food tours that take all the guesswork out of the search for the city’s best restaurants. It’s most popular is its Night Dining Tour, which takes guests into the heart of Seoul’s Jongno district, an area often overlooked by tourists but perfect for getting a glimpse into the life of a local.
On this tour, visit a renowned Korean BBQ restaurant, Gwangjang Market and a pojangmacha, or food tent, among other foodie hotspots. Knowledgeable guides add to the fun by offering interesting insights into Korean culture, such as local eating and drinking customs. Be sure to inquire about Korean hangover remedies, as you may need one or two the following morning.
Dark Side of Seoul Tour
Murder! Ghosts! Sex! The city’s scariest tales are all unveiled during Korea Food Tours’ Dark Side of Seoul tour. This evening walking tour takes horror lovers down the dark alleys of the city’s forgotten 600-year history of bloody massacres, seedy hideaways, and mourning ghosts. Stops on this tour include the site of a gruesome massacre, the bridge whose stones tell a dark story of revenge, and a neighborhood known to be occupied by the spirits of prostitutes who met terrible ends.
Clairvoyants on past tours have reported sightings of ghosts along the walk, some curious enough to join the group. Fortunately enough, the guides offer female participants a protective talisman to ward off evil on their journey.
If you have some time to kill during your stopover at Incheon International Airport, consider signing up for one of the exciting Transit Tours to experience some of the popular sights and sounds of Korea. The five-hour Seoul City Tours offer a wide variety of activities that appeal to just about every interest. Opt to visit Seoul’s historical treasures or go shopping in some of the city’s trendiest districts. What’s more is that each tour is led by an English-speaking tour guide, and they are all free of charge!
This private tour operated by OnedayKorea is a must for any Hallyu fan. Beginning at the Hallyu Experience Zone, the tour takes visitors through the glitzy neighborhoods of Gangnam, the K-pop capital of South Korea. Check out K Star Road, where you can see the country’s top entertainment agencies such as SM Entertainment, Cube Entertainment and JYP Entertainment, and snap a photo with the statues that represent idols such as Psy, EXO and 4minute. Afterward, takr the opportunity to chow down at idol-owned restaurants and purchase Hallyu memorabilia. You might even catch a glimpse of your favorite celebrity!
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.