Mongolia’s capital city, Ulaanbaatar, has experienced sweeping changes in attitudes towards its arts and culture. From the celebrated religious artworks of monk and artist Zanabazar to the near destruction of Buddhist culture during the Communist purges of the 1930s, Ulaanbaatar is now steadily building a vibrant contemporary art scene that celebrates Mongolia’s long-standing cultural traditions, while encouraging modern art creation.
Red Ger Art Gallery
Located in busy central Ulaanbaatar within the Khan Bank Building, the Red Ger Art Gallery is overseen by the Arts Council of Mongolia, which supports the development of arts and culture in the country. Launched in 2002, Red Ger aims to promote Mongolian art both within the country and abroad while nurturing and supporting new, emerging talent. To this end, 70% from the sale of each painting goes directly to the artist that created it, while the remaining 30% goes to the Arts Council to fund further arts projects. The gallery has also exhibited western modern art, as it did with Norman Rockwell’s America, a show jointly organised by the Arts Council, the Norman Rockwell Museum and the US Embassy in Mongolia to celebrate the 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Mongolia and the US. It featured Rockwell’s famous works ‘The Problem We All Live With’ and ‘No Swimming.’
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.